The FA Cup (4th Rd ) - Cardiff (A)

We’ve been getting kicked all season, it isn’t because of the Christmas fixtures that two of them got injured today. Jesus’ injury was caused by a bad fall. All teams have got the same deal, congested fixture list throughout the Christmas period. It’s up to the clubs management to decide on rotation, that’s the beauty of it. I can’t wait for our next game in 48 hours, the more the better for me. These are professional athletes on mega wages, they can handle it, especially with the medical science involved in the game today.
That absolutely is not true. The medical science you refer to will tell you that. And being on mega wages doesnt make a body more able to stop being a human body, they can only take so much and perform to a certain level within a certain timeframe. And they arent on mega wages to play tired and under perform, they are on mega wages to be the best they can be. The fixture list at this time of year prevents them from being that.

Whether you like Christmas fixtures or not, you can’t think that having another game 2 days after a whole string of games is a good way to showcase the skills of the premier league’s best players?

That absolutely is not true. The medical science you refer to will tell you that. And being on mega wages doesnt make a body more able to stop being a human body, they can only take so much and perform to a certain level within a certain timeframe. And they arent on mega wages to play tired and under perform, they are on mega wages to be the best they can be. The fixture list at this time of year prevents them from being that.

Them poor tired players, bless them.

Them poor tired players, bless them.
I can see you are a sceptic. Bless them is right though. I think you are looking at this from a wages point of view; they get paid therefore they must play. The human body cant perform at the level the PL should be at when it has to do it at this intensity without rest. Scoff all you like, its true

I can see you are a sceptic. Bless them is right though. I think you are looking at this from a wages point of view; they get paid therefore they must play. The human body cant perform at the level the PL should be at when it has to do it at this intensity without rest. Scoff all you like, its true

No, I’m looking at this as fans point of view. I want to be entertained and the fixture perioid gives you that. There’s been games on every day nearly, it’s brilliant. It’s up to the clubs management to rotate players and decide what’s best for the congested fixtures. It’s the same for every team in the league, so it’s a level playing field.

No, I’m looking at this as fans point of view. I want to be entertained and the fixture perioid gives you that. There’s been games on every day nearly, it’s brilliant. It’s up to the clubs management to rotate players and decide what’s best for the congested fixtures. It’s the same for every team in the league, so it’s a level playing field.
Stoke fans probably dont share your sentiment, although I too dont give a fuck about Stoke, but the point is the same. Fans dont want to see the B team rotated in for their world class talent surely, not for the sake of a few days. A level playing field doesnt make it right, I get that it is the same for everyone but when they write the cheque for the season ticket they dont want to see the reserves or bench players in the side and Xmas and the fixture congestion makes that so

No, they arent. It can skew the whole season for some clubs and isnt reflective of the work done to be the best you can be. It is attritional and not fit for purpose.
so because some soft arses think there is a backlog of fixtures we should fuck off the Xmas period which we have always have. We have less fixtures now the only problems are to much shite international games. Better pitches, facilities, treatments etc.

Stoke fans probably dont share your sentiment, although I too dont give a fuck about Stoke, but the point is the same. Fans dont want to see the B team rotated in for their world class talent surely, not for the sake of a few days. A level playing field doesnt make it right, I get that it is the same for everyone but when they write the cheque for the season ticket they dont want to see the reserves or bench players in the side and Xmas and the fixture congestion makes that so

I prefer it how it is, if you don’t then fair enough. Can’t be arsed to argue about it any longer.

Nah, we’ve got a chance to make history. We shouldn’t play our best team but we shouldn’t throw it either like Pellegrini did against Chelsea. With the schedule, we’ll probably play a weakened team against Bristol at home allowing us to play a strong team against Burnley and still give the players 8 days to recover before Liverpool

we wont play a weaker team for a semi final in comparison to the 3rd round of the fa cup.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.