The FA

Football is run like the masons. Jobs are handed out because of a deal done on a golf course, or because favours are owed. It always has been and always will be. New managers, like Southgate, are inducted slowly, fed into the system, before emerging with roles and money.

They are as corrupt as FIFA and UEFA.

And people seem shocked by this.

its a bit like the double glazing salesman, he's given a spanking new BMW and suited up so he gets a taste of the good life so in turn has to perform,,those introduced as you say are fed the first bung and cant return back to normality

Not everyone would know that though, so its worth saying. FIFA will not allow any government interference in football matters, and ban any country that does it.

Our FA is long overdue some reform, but turkeys never vote for christmas.
Yep, I really don't think it's gonna change for a long while though. I think the untouchables at the FA will quite relish the idea that one or two managers have been hung out to dry - keeps the focus off them.

Following yet another utter fucking debacle on their watch, is it time for the government to seize the running of the national game from their hands?

This might seem fanciful, but I'm wondering whether there is anything preventing Parliament disbanding this corrupt, incompetent, ineffectual and quite possibly insolvent organisation forthwith.

It is the common denominator within what has to be the most underperforming football nation on the planet.

Surely it can be replaced with a more modern, responsive, accountable, non-profit body that isn't so wedded to the 19th century.

The FA is broken and cannot be fixed imo.

19th Century organisation, let alone 20th century. I believe that Oxford Uni and Cambridge Uni have seats on the FA Committee still.

But what is gonna happen to Brent sweeping brush manufacturers and purveyors of fine Axminster if the FArce were disbanded? And who's gonna shift the tons of shite swept under the corners of the carpets since Woolwich last won summat? And to wish for a modern, forward-looking, incorruptible organisation might leave us with something worse than we have now, were that remotely possible.

19th Century organisation, let alone 20th century. I believe that Oxford Uni and Cambridge Uni have seats on the FA Committee still.

But what is gonna happen to Brent sweeping brush manufacturers and purveyors of fine Axminster if the FArce were disbanded? And who's gonna shift the tons of shite swept under the corners of the carpets since Woolwich last won summat? And to wish for a modern, forward-looking, incorruptible organisation might leave us with something worse than we have now, were that remotely possible.
Agreed, but in this case, the devil you know isn't necessarily the best option. We're not looking for perfection, because that will never happen in this world, but there should be some sort of integrity test for anyone on that board, including a caveat that the person appointed has NO vested interest in a club likely to benefit from any rule changes which may be made.

Also, didn't Woolwich win the cup a couple of times recently?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.