The fans are bigger at Spurs

If this thread proves anything it's that the fans are bigger knob heads at Spurs. Won fuck all for years and still think they're huge. Fact is they've benefitted hugely from appalling refereeing decisions in 3 of our last 4 games but somehow have the idea they've battered us.

Absolutely pathetic champions League performances that we'd have been slaughtered for.
Agree 100%, their champions league was laughable... If we'd put that performance in the leagues and media would still be going on about it to this day.

Since when has Silva been a central midfielder? Dembele and Wanyama are much better consistent central midfielders than Toure who is past it. He may have the odd good game but we all know you can't rely on him for a season. Eriksen's stats are much better than Silva's and have been all season. Silva's best days are gone. Eriksen's 8 assists this season are bettered only by De Bruyne. SO yes Eriksen would get in your side. Toure the greatest midfielder ever to grace the PL? You cannot be serious. Fantastic player in his day but those days have gone, and I know you are biased but there were many better CMs than him who did it for a decade or more.

Kane v Aguero let us see.

Since the start of 2015, the list of Premier League goalscorers reads as follows:

Harry Kane – 54
Sergio Aguero – 47
Romelu Lukaku – 34
Diego Costa – 33
Jamie Vardy – 33
Alexis Sanchez – 33
Olivier Giroud – 32
Jermain Defoe – 31

7 ahead of Aguero, and 20 ahead of any other player.

Yes I will take Kane on recent form thanks. And yes Kane has been injured at times too. Aguero is one of the best strikers in the world but on form over the last two years Kane is well ahead of the rest.

I am not coming on here to brag, it's just debate. We have won nothing for ages, I hope we do soon, but no guarantees as there are 5 other much wealthier clubs than us. As it stands we are well punching above our weight.

Anyway I can see many of you are wound up by me but happy to debate if anyone wants to.

Jesus, talk about slanting the stats in your favour.

Aguero scored 24 in 30 games last season.
Kane scored 25 in 38 games last season.

You're claiming Aguero isn't as good because he didn't score in the games he didn't play in! He's good, but he's not that good.

Guessing you've not seen us play much this year, but Silva has been playing as number 8 for most of the season. He's got the highest average rating by far in the Manchester Evening News based on every game this season. He's probably been our best player this season - certainly the most consistent. Far from being "finished" he's playing some of the best football of his career, just in a slightly different role.

Perhaps you're getting confused between players who stand out on MOTD and players who run football games? But the fact you are mentioning Christien Erikssen in the same sentence as David Silva is a bit cringeworthy and actually pretty disrespectful.

You've got a better keeper and two better full backs. Other than that none of your players would get in our strongest 11. Perhaps Alli would run DeBruyne close, but I'd still have DeBruyne.

A lot of Spurs fans got their nose put out of joint when City overtook them in the top 4 as they felt it was their right to get in the top 4 "the right way" whatever the fuck that means. Apparently drawing your wealth from your fan base from north London, Essex and the south east - the most wealthy region in Europe, and being owned by a tax exile, is far more worthy than having a Middle Eastern investor who has already doubled the value of his investment in 8 years.

City's reputation used to be as a club that managed to balls things up for themselves, snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, cups for cock ups, typical City. We've managed to change that reputation and won 2 PL titles. Tottenham have always had a reputation as being pushovers, physically and mentally weak, chokers, bottle merchants, St Totteringhams day. If last season taught us anything, it's that Tottenham are still worthy of the description.

To be honest mate, I never include 2nd division titles when it come to trophy count, nor Charity/Community Shields. For me it's league titles (top flight only), FA Cups, League Cups, and European trophies. Spurs have more of those than us, but then again Villa have more again and I don't think many people consider them an even bigger club than both us and Spurs.
Whichever way you add it up there's not a lot of difference in it though was the point(I do consider being championship level champions an achievement there's being promoted and there's being promoted as champions). Not by any stretch of imagination are they bigger because even the way you add it up(which suits them much better and is very selective if you ask me) it amounts to 2 UEFA cups and a 3FA Cups many moons ago, I'd rather take 2 recent Premier League titles over that which they have a grand total of zero of.

Last edited:
Comparing Erikssen to Silva. Deary me.

Silva runs games. He has been a key player in Championship and cup winning teams, and won over 100 caps for the best international team over the last 10 yrs. In what top level competitions has Erikssen been a key player in a winning team? He was also the key creative player in a team that scored over 100 goals in a season (2014). How many did the bestest, most incredible team ever (is Spurs last year) score last season? He isn't fit to lace Silva's boots. As for Silva's form last year, he was clearly carrying an injury.

Your players shined during a championship where Drinkwater, Simpson, Albrighton and Vardy looked superb and as good as those in the same positions in the Spurs team.

I sincerely want us to play you in the cup final this year and smash the shit out of your team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.