The First Game of the Season City vs Newcastle Pre Match

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good performances from lots of players tonight but two deserve special mention:

- Jesus, for looking like he's always played for us rather than someone who was making his PL debut. He's really giving us an extra dimension and should enjoy his time in England.

- Who would think that was Kun's first competitive game for a couple of months?

Those officials need to go back to school before being allowed to officiate another game, didnt cost us tonight but in tighter affairs could prove crucial.
Hat off to Edin, one of his best performances in a city shirt shame the goal it warranted didnt come but il take more of the same from him, encouraging signs allround.
Hopefully Vinny isn't out to long the fixture list has been somewhat kind to us so i reckon were alright aslong as its a short layoff.

That game yesterday was an absolute dream to watch. Don't mean to jump the gun but we carry on working hard like that the other 19 teams in the league should be quaking in their boots before they play us. What really pleased me was the whole team worked together as a unit which we rarely saw last year and all looked keen to impress the new manager. After a performance like that it was difficult to point out a key player, but Dzeko, in particular for me looked revitalised and was unlucky not to get his name on the score-sheet. All of the new signings slotted in as if they'd been at the club for years working well alongside the regulars. However as many a pundit have said the Premiership is a marathon, not a sprint so I'm not getting too ahead of myself yet. All I'll say for now is...well done lads.

Thing that stood out for me was that Yaya looked like part of a good team instead of being the focal point for everything , think he will benefit most from the new formation and the way we play. Pity about Kompany , losing 2 centre halves is a blow at this stage of season especially given he was excellent last night.

So far, so good. Signs point to yes. Outlook good. Effort was fantastic from every single player. However, we all know that a ten-man Newcastle at home isn't the gauge. Indeed, we all know what our full injury-free team is capable of even before the new signings, all of whom had good games. The part that will really excite me, is how well this team performs with a few injuries to key personnel because if we're now capable of sustaining injuries to key players and keep right on going, we really are in business. Course, I'd rather not have the injuries, but that will be the barometer for me for whether this team has moved forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.