The Ford Capri

Saw one in Oldham last week. Think it was supposed to be silver.

Back in 1990 I was involved in a head on crash with one. The car I was in a rover came off worse. My mate had to be cut out by the fire brigade. I only lost a finger nail

Ford_Capri_Mk1_3.jpeg

Ford_Capri_Mk1_2.jpeg

Ford_Capri_Mk1_1.jpeg

Has to be the MK1
Agreed, it's a classic.

BTW, those are proper wheels. What is it with this current obsession with having ever bigger wheels and ever less rubber??? Making the ride worse and worse and doing nothing for the handling either.

Formula 1 wheel and tyre:

China+-+Ferrari+Nut+in+Wheel.jpg

Capri wheel and tyre:

Untitledbb07c.png

BMW M4 wheel and tyre:
bmw-m2-wheel.jpg

Potholes will love that.

Do F1 cars not go fast enough or handle well enough, FFS?

Back in the day, I always thought it was a stunning looking car. Looking at it with my cynical old eyes now though, I'm, sorry but no. It looks like something your local Burberry clad oik would drive. And my iffy back is screaming in agony just looking at those pictures. I'd need a block and tackle to get me out of it!

Back in the day, I always thought it was a stunning looking car. Looking at it with my cynical old eyes now though, I'm, sorry but no. It looks like something your local Burberry clad oik would drive. And my iffy back is screaming in agony just looking at those pictures. I'd need a block and tackle to get me out of it!
Ah, you've reminded me of my Arthur Daly Motors tax disk holder and rear window stickers.

arthur-daley-motorama-car-sticker.jpg

5654192445_452f62aabf%20-%20Copy.jpg

Yes, you're right, it's a nostalgic thing that's just not practical anymore. I nearly bought a Spitfire a few years ago, dreams of youth etc, but when I eventually prised myself into a mark one, I could have done with the Fire Brigade to get out.

Yes, you're right, it's a nostalgic thing that's just not practical anymore. I nearly bought a Spitfire a few years ago, dreams of youth etc, but when I eventually prised myself into a mark one, I could have done with the Fire Brigade to get out.
Its funny, in my 20's I had a Spitfire, drove it all over the UK, great little car, I got in one a month ago at a classic car showroom and couldnt believe how I even travelled to the corner shop in it.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.