The Ford Capri

The Ford Crapi was a beautiful wagon back in the day. My Dad got one at the same time as he brown leather jacket and highlights in his hair. We cruised past people trying to start their Vauxhall Shoveittes. To think the millenials were excited about the Ford Puma.

The thing about cars like the Capri and the mk1 Cortina was that you could maintain them yourself. You could pop open the bonnet and there was enough space around the engine block that you could climb in to work on it!
Just the air filter, carburettor a distributor cap and some spark plugs to play with.

Nowadays, you open the bonnet and there is a mass of plastic covering everything, hiding all accessible areas. It just says, "Fuck off! Take me to a proper garage." The only parts you are allowed to touch are the dipstick and the oil filler cap which are bright yellow.

Loved them back in the day, sure they weren't a super car but they seemed like one to me back then

The thing about cars like the Capri and the mk1 Cortina was that you could maintain them yourself. You could pop open the bonnet and there was enough space around the engine block that you could climb in to work on it!
Just the air filter, carburettor a distributor cap and some spark plugs to play with.

Nowadays, you open the bonnet and there is a mass of plastic covering everything, hiding all accessible areas. It just says, "Fuck off! Take me to a proper garage." The only parts you are allowed to touch are the dipstick and the oil filler cap which are bright yellow.
Used to change the points and condenser as well

I went in an original mini a few years ago - 3 miles compressed my spine and shook every filling out of my head. And the noise !!! They don't make 'em like they used to do they?

I had an original mini for four years. I went in one of the new ones the other week and thought "Kinell, how did I drive around for four years in a tin box smaller than this. Mrs Ewing has a Peugeot 108 and I smash my head on the roof near every time I get in. And getting out? Jeez!

Never mind the Capri. The car that needs to come back in original form but with modern stuff under the bonnet is the Citroen DS, followed by the Citroen 2CV.

First car I ever drove, aged 11 (on a private road). I think I only managed to get 35mph out of it but it seemed k'in fast at the time. It was my dads Blue (obviously) 1.6L, reg No. UCM 508V, Strange how I can remember the reg number, but I forget useful s**t all the time.

If I remeber rightly, GMP used to have a 3 litre Capri, lowered, with super wide tyres and a body kit. I'd often see it on princess road on the way to the game.

I had an original mini for four years. I went in one of the new ones the other week and thought "Kinell, how did I drive around for four years in a tin box smaller than this. Mrs Ewing has a Peugeot 108 and I smash my head on the roof near every time I get in. And getting out? Jeez!

Never mind the Capri. The car that needs to come back in original form but with modern stuff under the bonnet is the Citroen DS, followed by the Citroen 2CV.

Totally agree - the DS and 2CV would get my revival vote too.

First car I ever drove, aged 11 (on a private road). I think I only managed to get 35mph out of it but it seemed k'in fast at the time. It was my dads Blue (obviously) 1.6L, reg No. UCM 508V, Strange how I can remember the reg number, but I forget useful s**t all the time.

If I remeber rightly, GMP used to have a 3 litre Capri, lowered, with super wide tyres and a body kit. I'd often see it on princess road on the way to the game.

Don't worry about it mate - I can remember the old ones too - KND 616 F my Dads old Victor - PCW 879 J my first car, an Avenger. The current one sat on my drive as I type - not a fucking Scooby ..............

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.