The Ford Capri

Bury Hill. Sussex. Down the steep, steep gradient. In a Capri. Told the driver you could turn the engine off, take the key out and coast down. He did just that. And then put the steering lock on. Cue 4 lads screaming as the car continued left up a bank and into a tree.

Rear wheel drive. Shit in the wet. Great looking car still.

And dont forget these two

image_coo251-2.jpg

And dont forget these two

image_coo251-2.jpg

In the early ep's they used BL cars - Doyle drove a Dolomite. I recall seeing a documentary that said Ford just "got it" when it came to product placement on popular TV series hence this - some BL loyalty was attempted by TV but BL were woeful - they had no concept of continuity for example so one day they would supply a yellow Dolomite the next a white one ........and couldn't grasp how that caused an issue !!!

1.6lt L Mark II white with a black vinyl roof for me. Loved it. My Dad had a Mark 1 and a Mark 2. Great cars but as many have said time moves on and although it still looks good I wouldn t want one as our main car today.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.