The future

I must admit that I didn't think about that!

I'm in a bit of a different situation as I also have a house in Thailand where I will retire to, so that's not too much of an issue for me personally.

So you have bought just not in this country? That could be a gamble in a country like Thailand where anything could happen before you retire. What if there's a military coup, another tsunami? Also as you get older you might need more medical care. Many expats return home as they age for that reason.

I must admit that I have never had a problem with that but I agree that it could be a problem at the lower end of the rental market. I guess I just like the freedom and flexibility of renting.

No it can be a problem at any end of the rental.market you just need to encounter a **** of a landlord.
Each to their own, it's your life. That life sure does pass quickly though and before you know it retirement is here.

So you have bought just not in this country? That could be a gamble in a country like Thailand where anything could happen before you retire. What if there's a military coup, another tsunami? Also as you get older you might need more medical care. Many expats return home as they age for that reason.
I was living there through the tsunami and a military coup so that doesn't worry me. I've spent the vast majority of my adult life abroad and know what to expect. We leave the UK in July this year and very much doubt we'll ever be back long-term.

No it can be a problem at any end of the rental.market you just need to encounter a **** of a landlord.
Each to their own, it's your life. That life sure does pass quickly though and before you know it retirement is here.
As I said, it's never happened to me as I guess they wanted to keep me as a tenant. Perhaps I have just been lucky.

Anyway, we're probably heading a bit off topic so will leave it at that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.