"The Greatest Football Conference Ever"

Sorry about that, there's an error with the database which I'm trying to fix.

JM Mcr said:
CheethamHillBlue said:
citykev28 said:
If you're thinking I mistook the Stretford End's name, rest assured. The Stretford Road Paddock was the terracing to the right of the Stretford End before it was all seater.

Go easy on young JM, Kev. He probably doesn't remember pre Sky, never mind terracing.
Hmmm trying to remember if Sky televised the 1st Utd match I attended back in 1974. Stood in the Scoreboard Paddock, the old wooden floors were great for stamping on to create atmosphere...

Over the years I then migrated from stand to stand.....Stretford End, Stretford End Paddock, Main Stand, Scoreboard End, K Stand, United Road Paddock, United Road and eventually ended up sat nice and cosy with my remote in hand ..strangely never came across a Stretford Road Paddock tho.

Always a pleasure to be patronised in here tho - thanks :-)

JM Mcr, I may well be mistaken here but the first time I ever went to Old Trafford was against Port Vale in the Littlewoods Cup. I stood on terracing to the right of the Stretford End. I don't mean to the right as you look at the Stretford End, I know that's the United Road and mcfcinprague would've realised I meant the other side if he'd read my reply properly. I thought the terracing ran from the corner flag to the halfway line but may well be wrong, it was a long time ago. I also stood there once against Liverpool when Ronnie Whelan scored an own goal. My brother always referred to it as the Stretford Road Paddock and I'm fully aware the there was a United Road paddock and a Scoreboard paddock.

ifiwasarichfan - it is the same piece as the Daisy Cutter. Thanks mate. I've been wanting to write about it for ages but was inspired by getting back in touch with 4 of the lads mentioned on Friday after a couple of years.

citykev28 said:
JM Mcr, I may well be mistaken here but the first time I ever went to Old Trafford was against Port Vale in the Littlewoods Cup. I stood on terracing to the right of the Stretford End. I don't mean to the right as you look at the Stretford End, I know that's the United Road and mcfcinprague would've realised I meant the other side if he'd read my reply properly. I thought the terracing ran from the corner flag to the halfway line but may well be wrong, it was a long time ago. I also stood there once against Liverpool when Ronnie Whelan scored an own goal. My brother always referred to it as the Stretford Road Paddock and I'm fully aware the there was a United Road paddock and a Scoreboard paddock.

ifiwasarichfan - it is the same piece as the Daisy Cutter. Thanks mate. I've been wanting to write about it for ages but was inspired by getting back in touch with 4 of the lads mentioned on Friday after a couple of years.
Ah that one, that was The Stretford Paddock (also referred to as The Stretford End Paddock). If memory serves it used to be a whole 20p more to pay in there than in the Stretford End!!

JM Mcr said:
citykev28 said:

Ah that one, that was The Stretford Paddock (also referred to as The Stretford End Paddock). If memory serves it used to be a whole 20p more to pay in there than in the Stretford End!!

So are you going to let me off with slipping the word 'road' in where it doesn't belong? It was 25 years ago and I've always preferred a Gene Kelly stand anyway.

citykev28 said:
JM Mcr said:
citykev28 said:

So are you going to let me off with slipping the word 'road' in where it doesn't belong? It was 25 years ago and I've always preferred a Gene Kelly stand anyway.
Nowt to let you off with, like I said it's a really good blog I just wasn't sure about the Stretty Road bit..

I look forward to reading more of your stuff.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.