The Harry Kane Team 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think Sanchez has great potential but for Spurs to finally make a signing, and one at that price, I wouldn't have expected a CB.

Unless of course they think Alderweireld will be off after the season.

Since we're in the market for a CB, City should have gone after Sanchez, would slot right into our system.

A quality signing by Spurs.

Still cant get my head round that someone earning 40k a week feels unpreciated because another player is earning 60k or 80k a week... i mean, fuck me, 40k a week , A WEEK! A FUCKING WEEK!
Why cant you get your head around it.?
Exactly what is it about a person desiring more money ,that you,a self confessed compulsive gambler,cant quite work out?

Why cant you get your head around it.?
Exactly what is it about a person desiring more money ,that you,a self confessed compulsive gambler,cant quite work out?

Fuck off with that personal dig.
I made the mistake of being honest on here many years ago and yet it still gets dragged up.
My point has nothing to do that I was once a compulsive gambler and you know it - you just want to make that link.
My point was solely can you imagine earning 40k a week ? Some people can't earn that a year ... can you imagine earning 40k and still be upset that someone was earning more than you ... it's a different world and you know it.

Of course it's a different world. It's crazy. But if you were in an office earning £4k a week and everyone else doing basically the same job was getting £8k, would you not want a rise? Footballers don't look at "ordinary people" or even high earning professionals in other areas, they look at other footballers. Most fans are happy enough with this or they wouldn't go to games or buy TV subscriptions.

I find it equally crazy, and obscene, that some people are willing and able to pay thousands of pounds to watch one-off games from the best seats, but they are.

Of course it's a different world. It's crazy. But if you were in an office earning £4k a week and everyone else doing basically the same job was getting £8k, would you not want a rise? Footballers don't look at "ordinary people" or even high earning professionals in other areas, they look at other footballers. Most fans are happy enough with this or they wouldn't go to games or buy TV subscriptions.

I find it equally crazy, and obscene, that some people are willing and able to pay thousands of pounds to watch one-off games from the best seats, but they are.

Indeed. I wasn't complaining. Just find it amazing someone can earn that amount - doesn't just stop at footballers - film stars can earn millions per movie. Just the way it is.
I get the relatively argument for sure. I never argued that point.

How are teams like us supposed to compete in the transfer market when they go and spend 42 million on an unproven centre back nobody's even heard of?

You have a point and paying him for 6 years as well the money bags.
It's not fair. We're being priced out of a move for Evans at 25m and they just rock up and break their transfer record on a player I'm not even sure anyone was strongly linked with a fortnight ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.