The high street is becoming blue. The times are changing.

I started sponsoring an under 9's kids football team in Lancing West Sussex a couple of years ago, I was invited along to meet the kids and parents at a training session .Of the twenty young lads taking part FIVE in city Kits , no Rags, or Liverpool shirts to be seen, Times they are a changing!!!

just been for lunch in slatterys in Whitefield. They had chocolate football's for city and the rags but the city ones were slightly obscured from view having been placed in a corner.

I utilised my visual merchandising skills be rectifying this travesty. I put all things City front And centre and then covered all rag sweet treats with City stuff, therefore monopolizing the whole display.

my wife and 2 kids looked on in bemusement.

just been for lunch in slatterys in Whitefield. They had chocolate football's for city and the rags but the city ones were slightly obscured from view having been placed in a corner.

I utilised my visual merchandising skills be rectifying this travesty. I put all things City front And centre and then covered all rag sweet treats with City stuff, therefore monopolizing the whole display.

my wife and 2 kids looked on in bemusement.

Thus undoing the work of the United fan who was in 10 minutes before you...

The truth is that new fans are coming already.. I've seen many people from all over the World (mostly Asia and Africa) on numerous occasions on various web sites with City related avatars, comments etc..

Some old City fans won't like it as it's unitedish feeling but it's unavoidable and absolutely needed for the club.

Each star brings new fans to the club, each success brings tons of them.
I'm an old City fan. At first, I resented 'plastics', but I realise that is silly. It's like opera buffs who want to keep what they call riff-raff out. Some of the oft cumdens will turn into real fans or influence others. So the more interest in City, the better, even if some of it is just passing. Plenty of blue shirts in yorkshire now.
Edit. This is why our official website shite is a serious issue. Have raised with the club.....no reply,
BUT I have Soranos personal email address. Watch this space.

First post for me. Do we have a credentials check on here. First game at Maine Road City 0 Derby 1 (I think Macfarland scored) became a blue from that day on. A few weeks later dad took us to that shithole and we drew 2-2 and my brother chose the dark side, anyway I digress.
Living in Thailand everything is the 'pool' or utd but over the last 12 months I have seen so many kids wearing our colours and the away strip is very popular more so than the blue un. Living 500km from the tourist areas I find this truly amazing. I sat in a restaurant with about 200 reds for the derby and I thought the owner would put a decorator on the bill as I was on the ceiling most of the night.
I've been going on holiday to Thailand for years for the culture and temples cough and agree it was always the dippers they liked and then the rags but now most stalls selling football shirts are selling a lot of city shirts and the strange thing is they even sell NYC ones as well (which I purchased to wind up the rags here in spain).

been doing it for years
Yesterday, whilst in Asda, I deftly covered all the United calendars with City. When in Waterstones, each and every United book on show gets covered with a City book. Might take me a few mins, but I consider it part of my duties. It’s a battle that must always be fought.

When they won the treble in ’99 they did their interminable open top ride through town and every fucking street in Greater Manchester. Somehow I found myself taking a right turn onto junction 17 at Whitefield as their bus approached the same turn off. The police seemed somewhat bemused that I took the time to park up, step out of my car and give them the royal “fuck off” from the middle of the road. It made little, no impact, but I took some (a great deal) of pleasure in knowing that the last person they saw on their “treble” trip was me. A City fan. Who fucking hated them then, now and forever. And showed it. My dad was gutted though at this behaviour. “I use that turn off every day. I’d loved to have told them to fuck right off.”

And I never ate a red “Penguin”.

Overheard Talksport the other day, Jim White was talking about a producer of the show who was taking to 2 kids playing football in London, when asked who they support both said Manchester City.

Keep playing like we are this season, winning trophies in the process and I think our popularity will rise even further.

i still put city stuff in front of any utd stuff i see.....and both my lads are learning quickly

I am living in Mexico City currently and play football at a place called CITY FUT, which is a good start. Been down there five times and seen a City shirt every time I've been - love it!
27.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.