The Hillsborough Family Support Group Against Safe Standing.

Indestructable said:
I don't think they will ever allow standing again, but if they did it wouldn't take long before some numpty ruined it and it was scrapped.

Found this on the net:
"More standing room should also see a reduction in ticket prices, which can only be a good thing for the fans"

Yeah right as if they will reduce the ticket price! If it is that popular as fans make out they would double the price.

They won't reduce tickets prices because safe standing would not increase the capacity of the stand. If the German example is followed,the seat is still there but you are able to stand in front of it.

Too many sensible points there, Beehive.
Yet why do these people never mention German grounds, concerts, rugby, lower league grounds?

ancoats said:
what could they do if everybody was to stand up at games
they could not kick out everybody

the game needs the fans end of
without the fans what would the clubs do for money
if everybody got behind it then it would happen next season

safe standing is the way forward in england
even if you had the corners levels it would be a start

I agree with your sentiment about standing annd I think it would be good for the game....

What could they do....? Well thats another question altogether. If they were really determined I guess they wouldforce repeat offending clubs to play behind closed doors for starters.And I bet they could too.

Standing was safe and could be again. Even in paddocks and with the fences at the front it was still safe. Stood in many of them and it wasn't dangerous. Allowing too many people to cram in to them makes it dangerous.

It's double standards. Got to any decent gig and there is a crush at the front worse than most football matches. Especially for certain bands and festivals. Ok you can argue that there may be more aggression at a football game than a gig but not always true.

Darren Gough came out with a story about someone getting scolding hot bovril over because of standing at a football match and so standing should never be allowed. Sympathies to whoever suffered the scolding but you have probably more chance of copping for a hot drink over your head if you are sat down below the person walking in with it.

nwhn3 said:
Indestructable said:
I don't think they will ever allow standing again, but if they did it wouldn't take long before some numpty ruined it and it was scrapped.

Found this on the net:
"More standing room should also see a reduction in ticket prices, which can only be a good thing for the fans"

Yeah right as if they will reduce the ticket price! If it is that popular as fans make out they would double the price.

They won't reduce tickets prices because safe standing would not increase the capacity of the stand. If the German example is followed,the seat is still there but you are able to stand in front of it.

Im not sure your right fella, you can get into the standing section cheaper than when its seated at the Westfalenstadion... And it has different capacities for all seated and seated/standing matches...

"It has a league capacity of 80,720 (standing and seated)[3][4] and an international capacity of 65,718 (officially seats only).
"

What happend at Hillsborough was awful and i cannot imagine what the family members feel like.

But the HSG need to realise that football has moved on, and it has moved on for the better.

They need to stop blaming terracing for their terrible losses, it had nothing to do with terracing.

How many deaths have been caused by introducing safe standing in Germany?
How many deaths have been caused by away fans standing up for 90mins in a seated area?

Safe standing is excatly what it says it is - SAFE and the HSG need to stop thinking that football is like it was in the 1980's.

heard some crap for the anti standing lot today, more women & kids go to football now! thats more to do with all the hype around the premier league then all seater stadiums, there some shite seater stands around the country like the ones at Wigan (new stadium, nightmare at half time) & Everton. the stadiums will still have more seats than terracing, and media/FA hangers on will still get their freebies, so whats the problem ?

Bluearmy said:
nwhn3 said:

Im not sure your right fella, you can get into the standing section cheaper than when its seated at the Westfalenstadion... And it has different capacities for all seated and seated/standing matches...

"It has a league capacity of 80,720 (standing and seated)[3][4] and an international capacity of 65,718 (officially seats only).
"

I stand corrected.

I was under the impression they just sold the seat space, however, this would not seem to be the case.

ancoats said:
what could they do if everybody was to stand up at games
they could not kick out everybody

the game needs the fans end of
without the fans what would the clubs do for money
if everybody got behind it then it would happen next season

safe standing is the way forward in england
even if you had the corners levels it would be a start

It needs TV More. as proven in recent years money is all that matters to clubs. People have been priced out, corporates are getting more tickets to Chelsea away than real fans and we are having to watch games at 6pm just for Tv!

Just wait until the next pop concert at COMS.

Sitting will go out of the window.

*Standing*
Drink
Drugs
Sex
And rock and roll.

MCFC, MCC, H&S and the licensing authorities will all turn a blind eye.

Yet mention safe standing at a football match and...........(fill in as appropriate)

-- Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:46 pm --

PS.

If Dan Johnson was honest and had any balls he would admit there is nothing wrong with safe standing. Especially if you limit it to one stand or one section of a stand.

What really gets me is the lies these people pedal. They go out with a brief knowing full well it's a load of bollocks and basically lie and push their agenda, because they can.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.