The homeless people living on the canal

Most canals will have Pike and Perch, Roach, maybe Carp, Bream, Rudd and the odd Tench. Never tried eating any of them but each to their own. I once heard this recipe for Pike which gives you some idea of its table quality:

Gut the Pike, cut off its fins.
Stuff the Pike with herbs, tarragon, dill, parsley
Cut two lemons in half and squeeze juice over pike. Put remaining lemons in with herbs
With butchers string tie the pike to a cedar plank that has been soaking in water for at least an hour
make sure your BBQ is at medium heat and put pike/plank in centre of BBQ over indirect heat
cook for an hour
Remove pike/plank from BBQ. Discard Pike and eat Plank.

:-) Like that.

Most canals will have Pike and Perch, Roach, maybe Carp, Bream, Rudd and the odd Tench. Never tried eating any of them but each to their own. I once heard this recipe for Pike which gives you some idea of its table quality:

Gut the Pike, cut off its fins.
Stuff the Pike with herbs, tarragon, dill, parsley
Cut two lemons in half and squeeze juice over pike. Put remaining lemons in with herbs
With butchers string tie the pike to a cedar plank that has been soaking in water for at least an hour
make sure your BBQ is at medium heat and put pike/plank in centre of BBQ over indirect heat
cook for an hour
Remove pike/plank from BBQ. Discard Pike and eat Plank.
Brilliant

So he gets evicted for helping a homeless men kip on his sofa and how he's homeless himself?

I'm not buying that one bit.. I'd say from first impressions they are rough as and bad drinkers who caused disturbance.. always two sides to a story.

but if he really is innocent then give the guy a council house now you cnuts !!!

I'm going to open up a new canal side restaurant to help them

Starters
Ancoats anchovy
Moston moules marinaire
Whythenshaw whitebait

Mains all come with chips and mushy peas.
Blackley bream
Bradford bass (sea)
Chortlon Coley, cheapest on the menu
Clayton cod, battered
Fallowfield flounder, student discount available
Harpurhey haddock
Hulme halibut, jerky style
Mosside monkfish
Reddish roach
Sale shark
Trafford tuna, fresh from the swamp

And le piece de resistance
Gorton goldfish on a muffin

Plenty of entertainment during sleepless nights, front row seats to 'Canalbal Lochtor'.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.