The Hughes out mob....

not my fault!

Team supported
God’s own
Ok having now calmed down (albiet a little) after todays performance and thinking about things in a more realistic mind set, I am still torn as to what the best course of action should be?
Ok I know some will say "did we need a new thread", and I see there point but... Rather than post the same thing on all the others out there (and yes there is a lot calling for his head) I thought I would put my point accros to all in my own thread.
I have always said Hughes needs time, and to a point I still agree he does. The reason for this, and I believe no-one has mentioned it, is I can think of several managers in the past that have been in the same situation with the fans calling for their head yet after a few good results they have turned the club around... Red nose for one! Wasnt he on the brink of the chop, all fans calling for him to be sacked? I dont remember but I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong. He was given time and one result turned the tide and he built the club into the most powerful force in football today. Ok it pains me to say that and god how I wish it was untrue, but it isnt and the rags have become the bench mark that everyone tries to emulate in the modern game. We hate them but we would all love their success.
My point is we need to think clearly about this... Time is a luxury we cannot afford to waste and time is the enemy we face at the moment in our plan of world domination. We have two options:
1) Get rid now and try to persuade someone to manage us and turn us around quickly, running the risk the rot wont go away.
2) Stick with, better the devil you know and give our manager our full support regardless!
Players and staff at the club read what the fans think, see how the fans act. This can only increase any unrest there may or may not be in the dressing room? Has it not been said already that it's the deadwood at the club making all the waves? I agree with this statement, players such as Dunne and Ball who know their cards are marked I believe are sturring things up knowing the anti-Hughes camp will jump on board and get the wheels turning. We all know they prefered Svens easy training, "nice man" approach, and now hughes has come in he has ruffled a few feathers and caused the "unrest" many are reporting. Look at Ireland and how he has come on in leaps and bounds this season, thats the Hughes effect, how he has publicly praised Hughes and his methods. Look at the players performing on the pitch and their lack of responce and tell me which ones can honestly say they will be here at the end of Jan? Like I say it's the same players who know their cards are marked that are not playing to their best ability.
Robinho, Kompany, Zab, SWP, Ireland and Hart for me are the base of what is to be a great team if the right buys can be persuaded to join us, and if our vision can be sold in the correct way then why cant they be? Ok third from bottom isnt the best advert for "brand" Manchester City, but I for one believe we can be as good as we all hope. Never have I seen so much lack of support for our beloved Blues, no voice at home, negative responces on the forums (not all wrong but OTT all the same). Now is the time to get 100% behind the team, let them know we are there, we are true to the cause and we are City till we die!
We now have three games till the window opens, 9pts to gain or lose until the start or the new year and we hit the half way mark in our season. I would say get supporting the team until then and if we dont pick up in that time then YES it's time for him to go. We are thrid from bottom and like the rest of you I'm not happy with this one bit, but 9pts puts us in contention for Europe again (providing other results go are way too).
Ok rant over but please please please one and all, let that team know you are there and keep the faith a little longer. I have confidence things will turn around and the luck we crave is just around the corner... 26th December 2008 City V's Hull, this is our turning point.

I see Hughes strategic leaking of information to blame everyone but himself for our failures has had the desired effect.

man i just looked at that huge block of text and my eyes glazed over like watching a hughes press conference. i'm not reading that.

How do you explain the Hughes tactic of HOOFING the ball, and how the world class players we are about to sign are going to adapt to it?

biffa said:
How do you explain the Hughes tactic of HOOFING the ball, and how the world class players we are about to sign are going to adapt to it?

Quite amazing isn't it, we passed Portsmouth off the pitch and shown what we can do when we get the ball down and play but all we seem to do nowadays if HOOF the ball. How is Robinho, Elano, SWP and etc going to play to their best when we're playing Hoof ball which we have been doing more and more recently

moomba said:
I see Hughes strategic leaking of information to blame everyone but himself for our failures has had the desired effect.

Wouldnt know what has been said since the game finished in all honesty as been trying to calm down and get my thought together. I do blame Hughes for some things but who could have played today that would have changed things? How could Hughes effect the situation? It's the players that should take the blame, who should hold their hands up and say "Ok fair cop we were the problem. no communication and lack of tracking back. Sorry fans for wasting your money". I ask you this... What if YOU are wrong? What if Hughes can turn us around? Dont all managers get it wrong at times? One decent win and the belief could flow again, the results could follow and the points start totting up. I'm no-ones fool, but I am realistic and dont see causing more unrest by chopping and changing as the way to go. 3 more games and then yes I will join your band of "merry" men.

vbr said:
man i just looked at that huge block of text and my eyes glazed over like watching a hughes press conference. i'm not reading that.

Er... so why take the time to post? Numpty.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.