The Hughes out mob....

browny33 said:
not my fault! said:
Tell me some players who played today dont know they wont be playing next year? Be real, yeh my opinion and I have no "fact" except we all know it to be true... Ball for one wont be playing much.

Player turnover is a fact in football whoever is in charge. Ball has been with us for two seasons which given his past record is about par.

Players who play for top clubs raise their game or expect to be let go, if the players cannot raise their games or put in the required effort then they shouldn't be playing for us. Ireland last season was all promise, now he's looking like the player we want him to be, the upshot is if they can't stand up and be counted to keep their job with us they're not good enough. So what if they're looking over their shoulders at who's coming in, it should spur them on. This argument is a nonsense and I can never understand it, if I did my job badly I'd be out on my ear why should footballers be the same?

Maybe they know they are going and dont want to try, maybe the £40,000+ pw they get to sit on the bench is enough? Who knows but I have a mate who plays and was happy to be third choice at Blackburn for 3 years and pick up his £14,000 per week until his contract ran out! It happens, it shouldnt but it does.

not my fault! said:
stony said:
To let you know that he couldn't be arsed reading it perhaps ?

So why post then? Doesnt make sense at all... Cant be bothered to read it so replies? What he replying to if he aint read it? And you! Your the first people to shout for his head but cant accept other people having an opinion that differs from your own. , one good player maybe but we will have to manage and do this the good old way with hard work and loyal support. So rather than "not being arsed" get behined the team and support them regardless of the crap thats going on. Please ;0)

You typed out a post the size of War and Peace; people letting you know that they could be arsed reading it, might prompt you to edit your posts to a more readable size.
"and you! you're the first people to shout for his head" Er...? Find a post on this site where I have asked for his head, prior to today.
"Get a grip, "superstar" signings aint going to happen in Jan" Again I would ask you to find a post by me, where I expect "superstar" signings.

I've always been behind the team, show me where I have said I'm not ?
Dear me! Think before you post in future ;-)

stony said:
not my fault! said:
So why post then? Doesnt make sense at all... Cant be bothered to read it so replies? What he replying to if he aint read it? And you! Your the first people to shout for his head but cant accept other people having an opinion that differs from your own. , one good player maybe but we will have to manage and do this the good old way with hard work and loyal support. So rather than "not being arsed" get behined the team and support them regardless of the crap thats going on. Please ;0)

You typed out a post the size of War and Peace;

more like War and Peace without any significant attempt at paragraph breaks.

yeah we're all upset and cranky but maybe it's the wrong time for you to have a chip on your shoulder about your post, and maybe, just maybe... you could see it as constructive criticism, and either edit it or at least make a mental note for next time? just a thought.

not my fault! said:
Maybe they know they are going and dont want to try, maybe the £40,000+ pw they get to sit on the bench is enough? Who knows but I have a mate who plays and was happy to be third choice at Blackburn for 3 years and pick up his £14,000 per week until his contract ran out! It happens, it shouldnt but it does.

So they should go as they are not the players to take us forward. Don't understand your argument TBH. If the manager has not made it clear to them that they will still be in a chance of playing after January if they play well enough then he's not doing his job right, surely?

His job is to manage and coach that includes managing the expectations of the players if he's not doing that then he's not doing his job correctly

if we stick with him we will end up in a relegation fight. Istanbul we are coming?? Yeah right. I doubt we will make it past copenhagen. Im going to hope and pray that we stay up cos its clear Hughes wont be sacked.

I just hope he can keep us up til the end of the season then we can fuck him off. I don't think switching managers mid-year is the best thing, at the end of the season I genuinely think we will be able to get Mourinho, which is why I don't wanna get some other manager in now for the sake of a few months. I've pretty much written this season off, Hughes has fucked it

FFS how can people not see that was a stuart pearce team out there today. Add benji and fernandes it's a sven team aswell. They wasnt good enough then and they are not now.

We have so many players out we have to play the deadwood, who are also playing knowing they wont be here in jan or the summer. They dont give a shit and it's showing. Let the injured players come back, and let him build he's own squad with additions in jan. Judge him at the end of the season.

I fail to see where this great under-performance is that you're all going on about. The squad is not as strong as you all seem to think it is, and this same squad is now short on confidence

For much of the last 3 months this message board has been going on about how Vassell, Benjani's and even Dunne's days were numbered once the cheque book came out, but at the same time we're expected these players to win games for us.

Hughes has got a difficult job, but the resources to do it, and he will do it. There's 0% chance that City are going to allow their transfer plans to be scuppered by changing manager at this stage. if he can bring in a forward, and a midfielder or two, then I'm confident results will pick up.

Watching us today it does make you think a few have been told that they will no longer be playing for us come january. Looking at the starting 11 how many do you really think will still be with us at the end of the season? Not many, 4 or 5 at most? Even with a new manager i still believe there are a fair few players who are just with us seeing out there final few years on nice contracts.

Marvin said:
I fail to see where this great under-performance is that you're all going on about. The squad is not as strong as you all seem to think it is, and this same squad is now short on confidence

For much of the last 3 months this message board has been going on about how Vassell, Benjani's and even Dunne's days were numbered once the cheque book came out, but at the same time we're expected these players to win games for us.

Hughes has got a difficult job, but the resources to do it, and he will do it. There's 0% chance that City are going to allow their transfer plans to be scuppered by changing manager at this stage. if he can bring in a forward, and a midfielder or two, then I'm confident results will pick up.
I agree with your post. That said, it's Hughes' inability to accept that the current system just isn't working that frustrates me more than anything. He also chooses to pick the likes of Ball and Vassell when I think most would agree we have better options elsewhere.

I feel sorry for Hughes because I don't think the current players have done him any favours at all. I do really hope he can turn things around and that January is a great month for Manchester City but I can completely understand the criticism that is being aimed at our manager.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.