The Jam

Glenda MCFC said:
Good call Mac .. ... they all look so young ! Paul Weller is class ...

Writing lyrics like that at 20 years of age. That is astounding.

Love him to bits Glenda.

The Jam encapsulate all of my teenage years. Truly great band.

Very first time I went to see them was at Bingly Hall in Birmingham, think I was about 16, brilliant gig. As much as I love Mozza we should start a Jam thread for a change. Like you said his lyrics for someone so young are outstanding and hard core (for that day and age). Made you think ...

Missed out on tickets whilst queueing at Apollo in 1980 ish.

We were near the front when we got word that all tickets had been sold.

mackenzie said:
Missed out on tickets whilst queueing at Apollo in 1980 ish.

We were near the front when we got word that all tickets had been sold.

You didn't miss much Mackenzie. I went to see that final tour in 82, at the Apollo. I really didn't like them in those days, only liked earlier stuff, but the girl I was with then loved them and hadn't seen them live befroe, so we went in, EVEN having been offered £50 for them outside. (A small fortune in '82!)
It was a poor, lacklustre performance from a band who clearly didn't want to be onstage together.
Halfway through, girlfriend says, 'Sorry, wish we had sold them. Pub?'

Glenda MCFC said:
Very first time I went to see them was at Bingly Hall in Birmingham, think I was about 16, brilliant gig. As much as I love Mozza we should start a Jam thread for a change. Like you said his lyrics for someone so young are outstanding and hard core (for that day and age). Made you think ...

do you mean bingley hall Stafford ? I went an' all. Fanfuckintastic. I was 18

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4y5xESi38PU

Glenda MCFC said:

love the jam
and have one of the best collection of bootlegs gigs
video and demo's of the jam

i have that gig in full on dvd
it was made by the fans of the jam from the splitters site

would love a boating jacket but dont do them in xxl

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.