"The Journey: Rebuilding Manchester City" Book Details

Gary James

A lot of Bluemoon regulars have shown interest in my new book "The Journey: Rebuilding Manchester City" and so I thought I'd best get the news out as soon as possible on changes to its publishing schedule.

The book, originally due out in October, will now be published late this football season/start of the close season. The reason it has been delayed is because there are significant developments to the story that really need to be incorporated if this is to be the definitive story of the 2 City takeovers. Rather than publish the book with the final part yet to take place, the decision has been taken to delay the book.

This will allow me to incorporate 'whatever' happens to City between now and the end of the season, and will therefore mean it is a much 'longer' journey than originally planned.

Regardless of publication date, the book is the inside story of the period since the mid-2000s. With exclusive interviews, content, behind the scenes stories, amazing revelations, and a bit of fact for all those who like to focus on the 'no history', 'ruining football' myths. Already the book includes exclusive interviews during the last football season with all the City Execs, including Chairman Khaldoon and Garry Cook, fans, former Chairmen etc.

To accomodate the change publication of the 2nd edition of "Manchester A Football History" has been affected. It is anticipated this will be available shortly before Christmas direct from the publishers.

Of course, "The Big Book Of City" and "Joe Mercer, OBE: Football With A Smile" are still available.

For more info: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.manchesterfootball.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.manchesterfootball.org</a> or become a fan on facebook to get the latest news about "The Journey" & "Manchester: A Football History" as it is released: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.facebook.com/pages/James-Ward-Publishing/266700661882" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.facebook.com/pages/James-War ... 6700661882</a>

Thanks, Gary

Gary James said:
A lot of Bluemoon regulars have shown interest in my new book "The Journey: Rebuilding Manchester City" and so I thought I'd best get the news out as soon as possible on changes to its publishing schedule.

The book, originally due out in October, will now be published late this football season/start of the close season. The reason it has been delayed is because there are significant developments to the story that really need to be incorporated if this is to be the definitive story of the 2 City takeovers. Rather than publish the book with the final part yet to take place, the decision has been taken to delay the book.

Intriguing. :)

Gary James said:
The reason it has been delayed is because there are significant developments to the story that really need to be incorporated if this is to be the definitive story of the 2 City takeovers. Rather than publish the book with the final part yet to take place, the decision has been taken to delay the book.

You mean you are banking on a happy ending, Gary.

Have you forgotten this is Manchester City FC?

Didsbury Dave said:
Gary James said:
The reason it has been delayed is because there are significant developments to the story that really need to be incorporated if this is to be the definitive story of the 2 City takeovers. Rather than publish the book with the final part yet to take place, the decision has been taken to delay the book.

Don't worry, the delay isn't because of on the pitch activities and/or anticipation of success, it's more about the wider development of the Club. On the pitch success will be nice, of course, but the additional part of the 'Journey' will be strong without success.

In fact on the pitch success plays no part in the decision but it'll be a nice bonus if it comes.

Gary James said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Don't worry, the delay isn't because of on the pitch activities and/or anticipation of success, it's more about the wider development of the Club. On the pitch success will be nice, of course, but the additional part of the 'Journey' will be strong without success.

In fact on the pitch success plays no part in the decision but it'll be a nice bonus if it comes.

Aha.

Stadium expansion plans then.

I don't think I've ever looked forward to a book as much as this.

Can't wait for it Gary, if you ever need a proof reader or something, let me know :P

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.