The Junior Blues.....

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Mad Eyed Screamer, 15 Feb 2016.

1. MARk1909

MARk1909

I can't remember when it started but i had my photo taken with the league cup when we won in 76 after a meeting in the Social Club. I was member number 4. Do remember the Free Trade Hall and the meetings in the Social Club. Also got my 1st season ticket when they launched the block of seats for junior blues in the Platt Lane.

2. BLUE PEANUT

BLUE PEANUT

Was a member as a kid in the 70's.
    Could be wrong but I'm sure there was some big do at Belle Vue - 77ish. Going to social club on the Sunday morning was a highlight. Started taking my niece when she was about 6 and being proud as f@#k whilst she was speaking to Niall Quinn that she loudly announced she hated the rags

3. theinvisibleman

theinvisibleman

I remember enrolling my first son in the Junior Blues before I had registered the birth. I told him about it 35 years later and he was dead chuffed!

4. 183sash

183sash

Think I joined in 1974 , can still remember my membership number was 572

5. warpig

warpig

I joined in 89 and loved it. that was when it was at the old social club and you'd get a good turnout from the players.

6. Alec-mcfc

Alec-mcfc

Quantity Surveyor
    I remember being in the junior blues and Distin translating for Sun Ji Hai, expect he was changing everything he said haha. Sun Ji Hai just sat there thinking everyone thought he was funny.

Used the love the Christmas parties they had as well.

7. BOMBER7967

BOMBER7967

What a great thing the JB's was. I used to play for Stockport (obviously) Junior Blues in the late 70's, great times, a junior team with no Rags in it. Getting a Player of the Year award from Tony Book (at a school in Brinnington I think) was such a buzz as a kid.