The Junior Blues.....

At the time it was ground breaking, not sure the year it started, but pretty sure my mum enrolled me in the first year, and we went to the first big meeting at the Free Trade Hall (if memory serves me right).
I can't remember when it started but i had my photo taken with the league cup when we won in 76 after a meeting in the Social Club. I was member number 4. Do remember the Free Trade Hall and the meetings in the Social Club. Also got my 1st season ticket when they launched the block of seats for junior blues in the Platt Lane.

Was a member as a kid in the 70's.
Could be wrong but I'm sure there was some big do at Belle Vue - 77ish. Going to social club on the Sunday morning was a highlight. Started taking my niece when she was about 6 and being proud as f@#k whilst she was speaking to Niall Quinn that she loudly announced she hated the rags

I remember enrolling my first son in the Junior Blues before I had registered the birth. I told him about it 35 years later and he was dead chuffed!

I joined in 89 and loved it. that was when it was at the old social club and you'd get a good turnout from the players.

I remember being in the junior blues and Distin translating for Sun Ji Hai, expect he was changing everything he said haha. Sun Ji Hai just sat there thinking everyone thought he was funny.

Used the love the Christmas parties they had as well.

What a great thing the JB's was. I used to play for Stockport (obviously) Junior Blues in the late 70's, great times, a junior team with no Rags in it. Getting a Player of the Year award from Tony Book (at a school in Brinnington I think) was such a buzz as a kid.

can anyone help settle a discussion, what year was the Junior Blues started and who set it up? I remember going in the mid to late 70s and Ken Barnes always sticks in my mind.

I was on Tameside commitee, I have just found in my junk box a letter from Richard Sutton, Chairman, reporting that after almost a year in office, the Junior Blues Club had growth exceeding all expectations.
I recall that Roger Reade was the Secretary at that time, and he replaced Richard as Chairman when Richard moved on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.