The Junior Blues.....

can anyone help settle a discussion, what year was the Junior Blues started and who set it up? I remember going in the mid to late 70s and Ken Barnes always sticks in my mind.

There is footage in the Lee, Bell, Summerbee video of Franny and Buzzer on stage at the Christmas do for the kids, dunno if this was the JB Christmas do. Franny left for Derby in '74.
Director Chris Muir had a lot to do with the JB but not sure if he set it up.

I was in the Tameside branch for a couple of years think they had meetings at Hartshead School.

The only other thing I remember is that Stuart Hall hosted thing at Maine Road with a ring hung from North Stand crossbar that Colin Bell was aiming at , I think this was October or November 1977.
Pretty much the entire membership must have been there.

There is footage in the Lee, Bell, Summerbee video of Franny and Buzzer on stage at the Christmas do for the kids, dunno if this was the JB Christmas do. Franny left for Derby in '74.
Director Chris Muir had a lot to do with the JB but not sure if he set it up.
I'm sure @Gary James can fill in here, but I think it was either Chris Muir or Ian Niven

can anyone help settle a discussion, what year was the Junior Blues started and who set it up? I remember going in the mid to late 70s and Ken Barnes always sticks in my mind.
Not sure exactly when it started, but my mum saw an ad in the Pink about it and signed up me and my brothers right away - we were numbers 12, 13, and 14. Any of the first 11 around?

The guy who used to be on breakfast tv started it. Name was John er somebody. He was a massive Blue!
Edit John Stapleton. I may be old, but I have all my Faculties!

What a fantastic thing the Junior Blues was..... the bi monthly newsletter with members birthdays in.... a silk scarf and the meetings at the old social club. The birthdays of members were read out at half time.... great days as a kid.
At one time the only club with such an organisation. Why the hell was it allowed to cease?

Loved it when we went to grounds with a shit home following and up would go the cry ''We've got more in the Junior Blues, do dah, do dah....''

city%20badges%201st%20lot%20014.jpg
My kids joined from the year dot absolutly fantastic .sign of the times now that it no longer around. junior blues was a proper brand unlike the nonsense in this day and age

I was one in the early 70's remember the pen, sow on badge, silk scarf etc. Only ever went to one meeting at the Free Trade Hall where Tony Book must have signed 1,000 autographs and I was 1,001 in the queue.

I remember chatting to DT in the boardroom after the '76 LC win and for some reason think that was a JB only event.

Signed my lad up as others have said at birth in '91, by the time he understood what it was about it'd died a death.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.