The Kinks

One of the most underated bands ever absolutely brilliant.
I dont really get this 'underated' banner
They were always in the charts in the 60's, sold zillions of records, loads of muso's say they were a bit influence
In what way could they be 'rated' higher ?

I've always thought that "You really got me" was the inspiration behind "Whole lotta love".
I know what you mean but You'd be wrong on that mate....lets give those black blues guys their due.

"Whole Lotta Love" is a song by English hard rock band Led Zeppelin. ... Parts of the song were adapted from Willie Dixon's "You Need Love", recorded by Muddy Waters in 1962; originally uncredited to Dixon, a lawsuit in 1985 was settled with a payment to Dixon and credit on subsequent releases.

Daltery and Townsend admitted they just copied the other kinks song 'All day and all of tge the night' as best they could as they counted the Kinks as a big influence at the start
THE biggest rip off of ADAAOTN was The Doors, Hello I Love, the chorus is copied note for note.

I dont really get this 'underated' banner
They were always in the charts in the 60's, sold zillions of records, loads of muso's say they were a bit influence
In what way could they be 'rated' higher ?
Well you were getting the Beatles and the stones rammed down yer throats The kinks CCR the doors all brilliant bands.

Not underrated within and without the industry.

Legions of fans and sales and played on radio as often as all the mainstays.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.