The Kinks

Actually in the USA The Animals were way bigger than The Kinks, Kinks were a very British band , like The Small Faces, always sang in a British accent, The Kinks were never a big stadium band like The Who.
Upon saying all that I love The Kinks more than The Who or those other bands, love that song Shangri-La
Yep, believe it or not, Hermans Hermits were way bigger in the States, and the biggest of the lot, after the Beatles,
was probably the Dave Clark Five.

Love the Kinks brilliant band as are the Beatles The Stones and Oasis, but any band is as big as a fan thinks they are, music is eclectic and all you have to do is follow your ears and not get too ensconced in the nuances and folklore. Even bands like Take That and the The Bay City Rollers have a place at the top table.

Arthur, in its entirety has made it onto the jukebox in The Castle on Oldham st, and was blasting out yesterday aft...glorious.

Just watching the Sky Art documentary on them now.

Said this before on here, Ray Davis and the Kinks are vastly underated when they talk about the 60s, they were in my opinion much better than the stones and beatles and Davis the songwriter of that era on a par with anyone, if not for the US ban would have been recognised more when people mention the biggest bands of that era

The who, stones, and many others have said they were influenced by them and they have been credited as being pre cursers to the sounds that became rock/metal and punk, and the 80s mod revival especially se of the bass and riffs Dave Davis came up with

I am Biased as I have loved them since I first listened to them at about 5 yrs old, but for me the were musically genius

Just watching the Sky Art documentary on them now.

Said this before on here, Ray Davis and the Kinks are vastly underated when they talk about the 60s, they were in my opinion much better than the stones and beatles and Davis the songwriter of that era on a par with anyone, if not for the US ban would have been recognised more when people mention the biggest bands of that era

The who, stones, and many others have said they were influenced by them and they have been credited as being pre cursers to the sounds that became rock/metal and punk, and the 80s mod revival especially se of the bass and riffs Dave Davis came up with

I am Biased as I have loved them since I first listened to them at about 5 yrs old, but for me the were musically genius
This documentary is great

I remember when I first heard the Kinks self titled LP years ago on cd (since then obtained an 65 original US import copy too) and found out they were the originators of the pretenders stop your sobbin

Both versions are classics in their own way

4.25pm????? Has to be a record for all those t**ts leaving a game early...... personally speaking this warrants a 2 week ban ;)

Mozza wishes he could be as good as ray daivies lyrically.

Does this deserve a ban ;-)

Apparenty he was a fan after all he did cover them

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.