The Leicester City Thread (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
By comparing them to Newcastle you've revealed your perception of Leicester as a team who barely escaped relegation last season. They finished 14th and ended up as close to 11th as they did to 17th. Obviously that doesn't make this season any less of a surprise but they hardly survived by the skin of their teeth.

Your jealousy and bitterness is pathetic.
The word "pathetic" is how i would describe leicester citys performances up until April 2015.

the word "incredible" is how id describe the fortunate foxes six wins on the bounce from April 2015 onwards.

the word "damaging" is how i would describe the sacking of nigel pearson, who clearly discovered the winning formula for a band of very ordinary players,so late on ,last season
the word "ordinary" is how i would describe your teams pre season performances against mansfield town and lincoln and birmingham city
the word "unbelievable" is how i would describe the new managers records last season,with only 3 weeks pre season preparation with his new players.wow!
the word "unbelievable " is how i would describe your injury record last season
the word "unbelievable" is how i would describe the transformation of paul dickovs ghost into an 18 year old michael owen.

i am on record as saying ,most of last season that i thought leicester deserved to be top and could win the title.
the sunday times revelations made me think, look a little closer and led to me airing my views online.
if you dont like my views ,fair enough, but if the roles were reversed i,d be celebrating the title, not wondering what a jealous bitter footy fan of another team was rambling on about.
keep logging onto this site to find out more about the fortunate foxes,and when you find out who the mystery owner with the 20% stake in the fortunate foxes is, can you let me know.?

cheers.

injoy it well you can from now its a different ball game in England we love nothing more then building you up to have you being knocked down
you need BIG BOLLOCKS to be defending champions every tom dick and harry want a bit of you the media that loved you will not in a blink off a eye and the pressure from the stands when the fans taste glory want it more and more playing 2 times a week in the champions league needs a bigger squad so new players will come in it could unsettle the old players and the bond

so good luck

Congratulations to Leicester City
Well done Claudio
fully deserved.

but !

They where very lucky with injuries ,referees decisions, others teams forms.
All the media has been rooting for them almost all season I think that has helped
them so much.

Don't get me wrong I am happy for them I just think that these factors has to be considered.

Last edited:
Really happy for Ranieri. He's a top bloke and has man-managed that team perfectly. The stick he got when he took over was stupid. Not quite as happy for thugs like Huth and racist cheats like Vardy but moving along...

We can look at the failings of City, Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, the luck with injuries, no CL football (they weren't alone in that), quite a few fortunate refereeing decisions and the fact that their points total is quite low - of the last 15 years 77-83pts wouldn't win the league on many occasions (3rd or 4th most years iirc)- indicative of the decline in quality at the top end of the PL

BUT for a team which looked nailed on to be relegated bottom of the league like 14 months ago, a squad which probably cost around 45m and a wage budget around the 17th lowest in the league the amount of points they have amassed is an AMAZING achievement.

I hope Ranieri and the Leciester fans enjoy it to the fullest! Congrats

Last edited:
I think, possibly, some of the more general reasons this has been possible, outside of Leicester's control, are (in no particular order):

1) City breaking up the 'Sky 4'
2) Ferguson retiring
3) City being woefully mismanaged the last 2 years
4) Wenger trying to prove he is the best by not signing anyone
5) PL money making the top clubs lazy - even the playing staff of these clubs is indicative of this. You look across City, Utd, Arse, Chelsea and, apart from senior stars like Aguero, Sanchez, Willian, the word "hunger" doesn't come to mind that much unless you're looking at the young players like Kalechi, Rashford, Iwobi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.