The Lions in New Zealand thread for the 2017 tour.

I'd go Watson & North on the wings. Halfpenny at FB.
Id like to see Liam Williams at fullback. He will have to calm down but there is that Xfactor with him that the Lions will need. While he is steady, Halfpenny wont cause the All Blacks much concern if picked. He either collects and charges up field into contact (bravely and well, granted) or he runs 10 paces and launches one high. Bit predictable. Liam Williams doesnt even know himself what he will do with it, so the All Blacks definitely wont.

The way O'Brian and stander played I can't see the tour captin starting in the tests
Warburton certainly needs a big game next up but on his game he's a cut above either of those two.
2nd row will be interesting as AWJ and Krius were fantastic but theres plenty of other talent in the squad for those two positions.
Couldn't believe Crusaders front 5 today, all of them All Blacks and yet they just cheated and bored in all game.
I thought Farrell and Faletau had big big games today

2 out of 3 not bad. Regarding Halfpenny he is the only player who can bang them over from the wrong side of the half way line and trust me thing like that will dictate where the all blacks are happy to give penaltys away.
Regarding Sam I think Gatland wants to play Sam , Toby and O'brian in the back row.

Fucking hell, 6 pages for a Lions tour 3 games in. We're certainly not a Rugby Union board! Is that because Union is for the Tory types......?

I never get the attraction of a lions tour. Multiple countries merged to get beat more often than not by a single country. It's a bit like look how shit the northern hemisphere is at rugby.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.