The make up of FA Council Members - and WHY?!

Mad Eyed Screamer

The FA was founded in 1863 as the governing body of the game in England. The FA is responsible for all regulatory aspects of the game of football in England.

The above quote is taken from the FA's own website.
The only thing is, the FA still comprises of the same organisations it did in 1863 - some of whom it's pretty hard to justify their place on the FA Council in 2012.

The link below lists the full members of the FA - all of the County Associations are represented - I'm sure no one will argue with that.
BUT.
Does the FA need:
17 Life Vice Presidents?
6 Vice Presidents?
3 representatives from the Armed Forces (Army, Navy, RAF)?
Representatives from both Oxford & Cambridge Universities?
Representatives from both the Private Schools and State Schools?
There are 10 ''Divisional Reps'' which I take to mean regional reps.
There are 8 reps from the Premier League (including Dave Richards who last I heard was chairman at Sheffield Wednesday!)
And the same number of reps covering the rest of the Football League.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/WhoWeAre/TheOrganisation/Player/TheFACouncil.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/WhoWeAre/The ... uncil.aspx</a>

The next time you watch an England game and wonder who is getting into their seats late at the start of the second half (well they need time to finish up their drinks at the free bar), the above list of ''Blazers'' is exactly who is freeloading off the game. And of course, the only people who can change the system is those within the system. Which isn't going to be a discussion that's going to happen anytime soon as long as that free bus ride to / from Wembley along with the free tickets and free food / bar keep coming their way.

The fact Swales was elected onto the board shows what a bunch of self serving old boys network the whole thing is!

Note his pal Noel White is a Life Vice President and Bernard Halford, another blast from Swales past is the Manchester rep.
Jobs for the boys ;)

We could do it with an internet campaign, OK it's not like Libya or Egypt but it would be ....... well...... very British.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.