The Media Against Pep?

If Pep doesnt stop these drubbings, or the total flappiness of the team, or the failure to score whilst we tippy tappy all the way up the field just to lose possession... If all of these things continue then the press will be against Pep, and he will deserve it.

I am his biggest fan and I do think he will change those things, but if he dont then hhe deserves what he gets I am afraid. It's one thing to stick to your principles, but another thing when you keep losing because of them.

What some people are failing to realise is that regardless of the result, The MM (Mainstream Media) will be negative towards Pep as he is currently associated with a business that is apart of a Investment Group which is in direct competition with other Investment Groups which own companies that own large chunks of this countries MM.
Also people need to be reminded that we are not the majority of publics current flavour of the era (man utd)
And some of these big investment groups ARE FRIENDS with our owners but don't want to push away their main customer base so keep City relevant by actually mentioning us.

Think about it, before ADUG acquired us, we would rarely ever get mentioned in the MM.

At least we aren't ignored.

This creates product awareness in the business of MCFC and thus increases value.

Be patient and in years to come the majority of the public would've forgotten about The Class of 92 and Ferguson... As the younger generation now are watching City on YouTube and playing as Aguero on the PlayStation.

Once this Red era tide has turned, then its the Blue tide (presuming ADUG keep their acquisition)
Which i have no doubts on due to the profile increase in which Sport and Entertainment acquisitions have helped.

The MM are not against Pep.
It is not personal.
Its just how the big business game operates.

This bastard never says anything good about city

Pep Guardiola is "in deep trouble" at Manchester City, according to RTÉ soccer pundit Eamon Dunphy.

Speaking on RTÉ' 2fm's Game On, Dunphy said that the Spaniard's side were "an embarrassment" in Sunday's 4-0 defeat at the hands of Everton.

Following that defeat at Goodison Park, Guardiola admitted that the league title may be out of City's grasp this season as they battle it out for a place in the top four.

Dunphy pointed out that for the second time in little over a month Man City conceded four goals away from home in the Premier League.

"They were an embarrassment against Everton and they were an embarrassment when they played Leicester as well.

"For any coach to see his team taken apart like that, by pretty ordinary sides, its deeply embarrassing. He’s in deep trouble."

"He doesn't believe in defence? What the hell is he talking about?"

City have struggled defensively this season and Dunphy claimed Guardiola lacks the pragmatism of his long-time rival Jose Mourinho.

Mourinho's Manchester United side were accused of reverting to long-ball tactics in their bid to salvage a point against Liverpool at Old Trafford.

However, Dunphy pointed out that unlike Guardiola, the Portuguese manager "will do what it takes to get a result, and he did what he needed to do yesterday."

Guardiola has repeatedly defended his methods since taking charge at the Etihad, but the RTÉ pundit said he isn't "going to be hanging around the Premier League very long" as he "can't set them up to defend properly."

Dunphy said: "He doesn't believe in defence? What the hell is he talking about?

"Last week he said he might give up coaching. 'I don't coach defence' - well, go and work in an office then."

The former Barcelona and Bayern Munich manager arrived in Manchester with a highly-decorated CV, but Dunphy added that it is "becoming clear that he is a fraud".

"He thinks that he reinvented football when he was at Barcelona and he didn’t.

"He got a ready-made team with Messi, Xavi, Iniesta at their peak and he did brilliantly with them, but he didn’t do much with Munich that hadn’t been done before.

"The year before he went to Munich they won the treble – including the Champions League – with Jupp Heynckes."
What relevance is this to a Mancunian?

If Pep doesnt stop these drubbings, or the total flappiness of the team, or the failure to score whilst we tippy tappy all the way up the field just to lose possession... If all of these things continue then the press will be against Pep, and he will deserve it.

I am his biggest fan and I do think he will change those things, but if he dont then hhe deserves what he gets I am afraid. It's one thing to stick to your principles, but another thing when you keep losing because of them.

Spot on mate. We do give our enemies an awful lot of ammunition to whack us with. Right now, they smell blood but I hope Pep has the last laugh.

We will just have to smash their media darling team, who's players have concurred England and have the best player you can get for £89M.

The media and rag FA don't want us to win stuff or dominate. We will always be facing an uphill battle.

The rag run UEFA are even worse.

We can't escape the lingering stench of bacon face.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.