The metro tonight

Bus an option? Sounds like an alternative car park on Hyde side is what you need.

Have you looked at parking on peoples drives. I've never done it but there are people that let you park on their drives for around £5. You might find one that suits. I got this off google. No idea how it works. Someone might have a better suggestion. https://www.justpark.com/uk/parking/etihad-stadium/
I have used it all this season because of the joke of the metro service to Ashton. You book beforehand, get a confirmation and thats it. Rock up to your drive and park. Brilliant. We park 2 minutes walk from the stadium. Getting out afterwards can be slow but at least you are in the comfort of your car and not crushed on a tram.

That is great news I wondered why they had stopped! It made getting there so much easier as I could get a seat and not move until I was at the stadium, no shoving and pushing and being rammed in like a sardine in a tin at Piccadilly. Going home I always get the bus back into town and make a choice then of metro or train home.

Thats great, they've done that but at the expense of the direct service from Victoria.
There should be direct trams to the match from The Gardens, only stoping at Pic Station.
After the match there should be two double trams lined up empty at the stadium to accommodate.

Thats great, they've done that but at the expense of the direct service from Victoria.
There should be direct trams to the match from The Gardens, only stoping at Pic Station.
After the match there should be two double trams lined up empty at the stadium to accommodate.
This is the problem, isn't it. They've re-instated the direct Alty tram and knocked off the direct Bury tram, therefore creating no overall improvement. If the stadium is to become a world class venue it needs better transport like what that Wembley has.

Problems with the pile of shit today, not running down Mosley Street.

It seems there are loose tiles on the front of a building, pedestrians are allowed down the street but not the trams - very strange!

They are not saying if it will effect the service tomorrow, but to be warned is to be prepared.

Problems with the pile of shit today, not running down Mosley Street.

It seems there are loose tiles on the front of a building, pedestrians are allowed down the street but not the trams - very strange!

They are not saying if it will effect the service tomorrow, but to be warned is to be prepared.

Metrolink don't make that call though mate..the council do..the building in question has been deemed unsafe..a 39 ton vehicle going past is slightly different from a pedestrian

I live 4 miles across the city from Etihad

Tram home - 60 minutes
Lift home with mate - 30 minutes
Cycle home - 20 minutes

And Im a fat 40 something year old!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.