The metro tonight

If people stopped using them on match day it would improve as they would not like to lose money

Is that one of those organisations that pass the award round each year to ensure everybody gets a prize.

The people who awarded it have obviously never been to Manchester because there is not a week that goes by without some problem on the network.

The match day service is truly appalling and the dirth of double trams both before and after a match is a bloody disgrace.

Every time they get the chief executive on to Radio Manchester he is let of lightly and is full of platitudes and promises which never happen.

Things will only get worse as they are hell bent on expanding the network when they can not manage what they have now to an acceptable level.

I agree with a lot of your points. But I will say, over the summer I didn't have a single problem with the Metrolink - the difference was when I was using it during the summer I was shopping - so I wasn't time restricted like we would be on a match day.

Fast forward to new season and there have been outages on match days, broke down at Gmex and wasnt allowed off - then when we were let off the tram continued to to PiccGdns. I have to leave over 2 hours before kickoff to make sure I get there.

If I get the tram to the Etihad it takes me 15minutes to walk to the stop (OldTraff stop), 1-12 minutes waiting or more, 15 minutes into town another 15 minutes to the Etihad - and that's on a good day.

I can cycle from my front door to the Etihad and back to my house in 40 minutes (I've timed it) but the tram takes longer just to get there - and I am a fat 40+ year old.

So some time early in the New Year the Metrolink second city centre crossing will open.

Unfortunately it looks like there will be a deterioration in services to the Etihad (if that is possible.......).

No service from the north side of the network. Still Ashton - Eccles, Media City to Etihad (which will not run Sunday).

Link to announcement on TFGM website a few days ago
http://www.tfgm.com/Corporate/media_centre/Pages/News.aspx?articleId=1111

So some time early in the New Year the Metrolink second city centre crossing will open.

Unfortunately it looks like there will be a deterioration in services to the Etihad (if that is possible.......).

No service from the north side of the network. Still Ashton - Eccles, Media City to Etihad (which will not run Sunday).

Link to announcement on TFGM website a few days ago
http://www.tfgm.com/Corporate/media_centre/Pages/News.aspx?articleId=1111[/QUOTE
This looks like single units on Etihad bound trams, so without a commitment to provide a match day service of double unit from and to Victoria then tram users like my self on match days will be left high and dry. Hope someone at City will speak to GMT on behalf of their fans.

I tried to call Supporter Services earlier to express concerns, but got a "the tram services are a decision of TFGM, not City's".......
Which is why I posted on this site as sometimes there are posters who have a better connection to those who might actually care at the club to make feelings known!!

The Metro 'could' be so good. It seems that they're too concerned with penny pinching though. Going to Palace on the weekend I used the Tube and a local train service. The tube there is something else completely. It's fast, they have hundreds of trains in service all the time and huge carriages for each one, so even if they are slightly delayed you get a good few hundred people on each. Our trams are too small and too infrequent to use as a form of commuting. Until they invest the money to have more trams on the tracks day in day out, it's not worth the money you'd pay!

I tried to call Supporter Services earlier to express concerns, but got a "the tram services are a decision of TFGM, not City's".......
Which is why I posted on this site as sometimes there are posters who have a better connection to those who might actually care at the club to make feelings known!!
City have nowt to do with the Met service.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.