The more I see David Silva play the more I worry.

No, never said DeBruyne was a homer, perhaps that was someone else. I said DeBruyne is a supremely talented player who can make the difference at critical moments, but he's also a player who can disappear and hide. And I stand by that.

But of course your beloved David has never hidden in a big game in his life. ;)

Keep fighting the good fight. Maybe Bluewhit will grant you an audience with your beloved soon for contributions to the cause!

In what sense? It will be extremely difficult to find a like-for-like replacement, especially one with his consistency. I can't think of many/any.....

I think what we can certainly do and will do is find a player with different attributes but one who's equally devastating playing as a number 8 alongside KDB. After all KDB and Silva aren't like for like, they are playing in roughly the same position, and both bring different things to the party.

I've changed my mind watching Silva the last few weeks. I think he will have a future beyond this season under Pep which previously I thought was unlikely, but I think that we shouldn't be too afraid of having to replace him. We have a filthy amount of attacking players at our disposal at present and we have some serious talent in the academy.

Where we should worry and need to be smart is our back 5/6.

pound for pound over the last six years our best player. I love it when fans say he is off the boil, he isnt, its just people dont know what they are on about.

One class player, often not given MOTM because a player has scored an important goal and they get it. But game in game out his skill, eye for a pass and "football brain" is second to none.

The small space at which he can turn a full circle with the ball, the surprise tackle on a player twice his size, could go on for ever.

He will be very difficult to replace, we will never get a like for like just something similar.

Just dont let him take a penalty !

I think what we can certainly do and will do is find a player with different attributes but one who's equally devastating playing as a number 8 alongside KDB. After all KDB and Silva aren't like for like, they are playing in roughly the same position, and both bring different things to the party.

I've changed my mind watching Silva the last few weeks. I think he will have a future beyond this season under Pep which previously I thought was unlikely, but I think that we shouldn't be too afraid of having to replace him. We have a filthy amount of attacking players at our disposal at present and we have some serious talent in the academy.

Silva hit the ground running and has been consistent for the last 5/6 years. I agree that De Bruyne isn't like-for-like, but he is a versatile, world class player and I don't see many of them around(maybe I'm not looking hard enough)

Regarding the back 5/6, it needs sorting and has done for a while. As it turns out, I've just been on the phone to a Benfica fan(he lives in Lisbon) and he says that we are being linked to their 'keeper Ederson

On a wider point about Silva, I really don't want him to end his career with us in the way Clichy and Zab are doing. Less the odd good game, it is clear they have had it and it would be a shame to see Silva go down a similar path

But of course your beloved David has never hidden in a big game in his life. ;)

Keep fighting the good fight. Maybe Bluewhit will grant you an audience with your beloved soon for contributions to the cause!

Keep being a professional troll mate, I've heard it's very en vogue.

never seems to have tried hard to learn the language. Has anyone ever heard him speak?

Very early doors in terms of a readiness to don the mantle, but the last couple of times I've watched Phil Foden he's been sensational. A mini-Dave in the making, albeit maybe in 3 or 4 years time. In the meantime, based on his current energy levels and that light frame, I certainly think we'll get one more quality season out of Silva, maybe even two. He's been the Player of the Season for me so far

Very early doors in terms of a readiness to don the mantle, but the last couple of times I've watched Phil Foden he's been sensational. A mini-Dave in the making, albeit maybe in 3 or 4 years time. In the meantime, based on his current energy levels and that light frame, I certainly think we'll get one more quality season out of Silva, maybe even two. He's been the Player of the Season for me so far

Agree about the player of the season comment.

No need to fret. Definitely a replaceable player.

Certainly is not a 'replaceable player'.
Spain haven't, we haven't.

I can't think of another player in his position even close to his levels of effectiveness & consistency.

He'll have a good few years in him yet, so far Pep has liked to have an experienced head who's uninterested i fame and hollywood conduct to dictate his teams play.

He's always had highly experienced, highly intelligent unflashy players dictating the game the way Pep wants.

He's the most determined player we have. His defensive work is excellent and he makes incredibly intelligent and selfless fouls for the team.

For me he's like YaYa, he can't be replaced like for like and a system change will be required.
Gundogan has a similar skill set and as some have said, Foden is a possibility and Diaz is often deployed in an advanced 8. So I'm sure hopefully Pep will sort it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.