The most traditional English food is ?

Yes agreed mate. Cant remember if i told you about the indian restaurant a few doors up from Birmingham's oldest pub the Crown. Chicken Balti was absolutely superb.

I know where you mean, but you needed to go about a mile further up the road, you'd have been in the Balti triangle in and around ladypool road, supposed to be the most 'indian' restaurants within a square mile anywhere in the world, I used to live on the edge of it. It is a bit mental how many there are. I am a Balti snob, when you leave Brum they dont taste the same.

I know where you mean, but you needed to go about a mile further up the road, you'd have been in the Balti triangle in and around ladypool road, supposed to be the most 'indian' restaurants within a square mile anywhere in the world, I used to live on the edge of it. It is a bit mental how many there are. I am a Balti snob, when you leave Brum they dont taste the same.
The waiter in the restaurant claimed his granddad invented it. Probably be over 35 years ago? I bet many others in Birmo have made this claim.

Birmingham's own?

Balti is an Indian dish.

Created on the Ladypool road Birmingham mate. Balti ghost was created over here, there is a Baltistan food apparently but it resembles nothing that is served up over here, the only thing taken was the skillet its served in. It was first created out of all the scraps of veg and chilli, stuck in a bucket (Balti), boiled up over night, it was first a veggie dish, when they started serving it, chicken, lamb and the like was added, there is no meat in the traditional dishes.

You'd struggle to find anywhere in India that serves Balti, it was created by Bengalis for start off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.