the myth of celtic and their incredible support?

What is this obsession about who's bigger than who?

You take comfort in your belief that Celtic are bigger than 15 of the 20 premier league clubs including us, if that kept you warm against Partick Thistle tonight then good for you.

I couldn't give a rats arse if we get 25k a game or 55k, i go for the football.

Funny how he ignored any real stats like the fact over the course of both our histories, our attendance was on average 4000 higher and that our attendances were higher in about three quarters of all the seasons since the late 19th century.
But but but...erm...

;)

Much like Newcastle being the biggest club in their region, many Celtic fans have probably got this overinflated view of themselves because they are one of the two biggest clubs in a country with nearly 2m fewer citizens than the North West of England.

Okay, yeah, most of Ireland supports them but what difference has that made to their attendances since their existence? Well, evidently, not much because a club (City) with a very modest trophy count and without the political/god bothering vehicle of hate used as a marketing tool, like Celtic, has seen them entice larger average attendances in many decades of both club's histories.

I think Celtic think of themselves like they do because they won the European Cup. But Forest won two European Cups and have spent a large amount of time outside the top flight, only playing just 2178 top flight games (only Everton Villa Arsenal Liverpool and United have played more top flight games than City). So you can't necessarily equate European Cup wins to size of club - of course, in some cases you can.

And while they have a very loud atmosphere for the big games at Park Head, better than City's granted, they're hardly anywhere near the decent fans from clubs in Turkey Greece Croatia Poland and especially Argentina and Brazil.

But but but...erm...

;)

Much like Newcastle being the biggest club in their region, many Celtic fans have probably got this overinflated view of themselves because they are one of the two biggest clubs in a country with nearly 2m fewer citizens than the North West of England.

Okay, yeah, most of Ireland supports them but what difference has that made to their attendances since their existence? Well, evidently, not much because a club (City) with a very modest trophy count and without the political/god bothering vehicle of hate used as a marketing tool, like Celtic, has seen them entice smaller average attendances in many decades of both club's histories.

I think Celtic think of themselves like they do because they won the European Cup. But Forest won two European Cups and have spent a large amount of time outside the top flight, only playing just 2178 top flight games (only Everton Villa Arsenal Liverpool and United have played more top flight games than City). So you can't necessarily equate European Cup wins to size of club - of course, in some cases you can.
They've will never be the biggest club in Scotland.
Their biggest rivals will always be bigger than them.

Never understood why grown men argue who has more fans turning up to a match ... Who's gives a f*ck.

I couldn't care less if 20 or 50 thousand turned up for West Ham next week, and I'd care even less if someone on a forum told me only 20k turned up.

Never understood why grown men argue who has more fans turning up to a match ... Who's gives a f*ck.
The best part is when people who clearly don't go to games argue about it. I see people from India or the Middle East criticising City for having empty seats (usually in screen shots just before/after half time or at the beginning or end of the games) and I think "when have you ever even been to a game?"

The other one that gets me is "history." Do you know which team in the Premier League has the most history? Stoke City. Founded in 1863. Yet you don't see their fans banging on about their history. What they of course mean by "history" is success. Anyone who cites history is basically admitting that they are a glory supporter.

Well, that thread went well. :) 33 pages of who has the most fans. And anyway they're all a shower. Takes me back to school. However, not to be outdone...

I remember a time there must have been 2m in the ground with another 12m stuck in taxis. And that was for a reserve game. In the middle of the night during a blizzard and a city plagued by escaped polar bears.

Then that time 1m of us turned up at Celtic Park when new fancy curtains were being delivered for the board room, or was it the new lampshades, anyway there was at least 1.5m there.

I won't even talk about Seville... Where every celtic fan living and dead amassed in their billions to sample tapas and sleeping on pavements. I had a hotel as I hate roughing it but tens of millions weren't as fortunate.

Still out of Europe mind..... but if we had qualified then it would have been a migration that made the wildebeest caper look like a couple of horse type things out for a walk.

Aye, having billions of fans is what it's all about.

That and cakes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.