The National Anthem

Read my op. I said I boo'd at the 81 cup final (both games)
My views were shaped by Mr J Rotten rather than SP Morrissey

My point still stands but your views were shaped by a cockney cnut rather than a Manchester cnut, still shaped by a cnut wouldn’t it have been better to form your own views rather than that of someone else

I have no strong view on royalty one way or the other but recent events in the USA show what can happen if you are allowed to vote for your head of state. At least the queen cannot start the next war.

Just change the words "queen" to "team" and "her" to "us" and sing as loud as you want.

I'd like to see you boo the USA anthem at a sporting event in America.

They'd have you hung.

But hey...do it from afar for a country you abandoned. It will matter not one jot.
Funny you should say that! Last night I watched 2 games at the Tampa Bay Rowdies stadium - New York City v Montreal and The Rowdies v Philadelphia.
We had to stand for the Canadian anthem and then the star spangled banner before the first game and again the Yank one before the 2nd game.... I had a wry smile on my face stood there. Didn't boo though....

There is no such thing as God and i don't care about the Queen and whether a non-entity can save her or not.

Total load of old rubbish that song and should be scrapped forever.

No hymns of any sort should be our NA. Not that stupid song Jerusalem, nowt like that at all. Nothing religious in any way.

Love the national anthem and will always sing when the need arise, I'm a proud Englishman and if you don't like it then don't sing it. Always the ones that don't like being the most vociferous to try and change others minds.

I'm not sure if it's true (although it sounds like it could be), but I once read that there are only two national anthems in the world which extol the Heads of State rather than the nation and/or its people - ours, and North Korea's.

I'm a republican, I don't believe in god, I'm not into patriotism or nationalism and I don't believe in worshiping a Head of State - so I don't sing it. I wouldn't even call it a choice; I simply can't bring myself to sing those words.

But I've absolutely no problem with those that do want to sing it. I actually think it's a decent anthem because it's short (the common version), sweet and builds up. Can't stand those miserable Eastern European ones or those long, boring South American ones. Love the French and Italian ones, I'd probably sing those if I could.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.