The official EDS and academy thread 2012/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
strange said:
There was a lot of games in the past when we are 3 nil up at home when we could of thrown one of the youngsters on. Hope to see this.

Agreed, am I correct in saying that the Serie A addressed this by allowing for a bigger subs bench?

I don't expect us to see a sweeping changes this season personally at least not at the start, perhaps from the mid point onwards when Pells has decided which areas/players he wants to experiment with youth rather than testing from the start and accidently cocking the team up.

But either way it's gonna be an exciting season for the EDS with Veira in charge and a manager more inclined to test youngsters.

Interesting watching the Angus Gunn interview. For a long time there has been the "results don't matter" mantra at youth level, Andy Welsh used to say it a fair bit. But Angus said: "We want to win something. The coaching staff have made it really clear that we need to win something as a team."

Personally, I like it. Development and winning mentality can go hand in hand, doesn't have to be either/or. Watching the videos on the Croatia training camp, it looks very intense and competitive under Vieira, Wilcox, etc.

I thought I may as well stick this in here as it's now officially MCFC related. (have commented on it before in the general football thread.)

My lad has now been picked up by City, only in the very young group, but it's still great to see him being coached at Platt Lane.

He's well chuffed, he has been scouted by other clubs, but as an MCFC season ticket holder, this is "more fun" for him.

one slight worrying trend I noticed is that there is a lot of scouse lads at City. And over at Liverpool's academy it's also full of scouse kids. Are they doing something different over there in the schools or are all the mancunian kids at Utd?

OxBlue said:
I thought I may as well stick this in here as it's now officially MCFC related. (have commented on it before in the general football thread.)

My lad has now been picked up by City, only in the very young group, but it's still great to see him being coached at Platt Lane.

He's well chuffed, he has been scouted by other clubs, but as an MCFC season ticket holder, this is "more fun" for him.

one slight worrying trend I noticed is that there is a lot of scouse lads at City. And over at Liverpool's academy it's also full of scouse kids. Are they doing something different over there in the schools or are all the mancunian kids at Utd?
Which generation does your lad play for? :)

OxBlue said:

Have you mentioned him before? A keeper? Anyway well done to the lad I bet you've been proud as hell too :D

OxBlue said:
He's an outfield player and plays for the iggle piggle and pepa pig generation (:-)
No clue which generation that is, i was thinking like u13s or wha?
Anyways good luck to your lad, hope he succeeds ;)

spinzer said:
OxBlue said:
He's an outfield player and plays for the iggle piggle and pepa pig generation (:-)
No clue which generation that is, i was thinking like u13s or wha?
Anyways good luck to your lad, hope he succeeds ;)
Sorry mate, it's a reference for those of us with kids under 6/7 years old brought up with iggle piggle and pepa pig (kids TV characters that are really annoying)

What's next for Guidetti, Scapuzzi, Nimley?

There is no realistic chance for them to play for the first team regularly any time soon.
Guidetti has the real talent, but we like to have 4 big name attackers no matter what, and being a 5th younger behind them is really awful.

Dont think he can be that good in a loan again that would make Pellegrini/Txiki think OK, we sell Agüero or Dzeko and Guidetti come in then next season.

Whet he met Pellegrini in the inside video he said he is now fit, works very hard, looks forward to the new season, well only question is where will he be playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.