The official: I FCKIN H8 TXT CH@T

ratherdeadthanred

Is it just me or does anyone else hate this style of pissing writing, is it just pure laziness that nobody can ever be arsed to write a word in FULL with a FULL fucking sentance just taken me around 10 minutes to understand a text so i thought fuck it and I rung the basterd. Rant over

Well said that man/woman/person!! I too hate that modern day phenomenom with a vengeance. It's bad enough seeing it in a text message, but to see it here is, as RDTR said, just downright laziness on the poster's part. Now, a lot of people on here (myself included) have occasionally used the odd PMSL, WTF, IMO, IIRC etc etc. Again that is lazy but it is generally used just once or maybe twice in a post. To see a whole sentence or post written in that style is irritating.

Yeah I don't mind the odd abbreviation such as LOL.
But fuck me, it takes longer to decipher these messages than it would be to write it properly.

I must be the only young person who uses correct spelling AND punctuation in text messages.

Matty said:
I use text speak on occasion, but only when I'm trying to squeeze a text into the right amount of characters (i.e so I don't go over and have to send it as two separate texts).
That's understandable. But on here? People have 60,000 characters to use!!!

It was origionally telegram speak, as you had to pay per character so people abeviated to send less characters, hence less money. This is free, so theres no reason to not use proper English.

jimharri said:
Matty said:
I use text speak on occasion, but only when I'm trying to squeeze a text into the right amount of characters (i.e so I don't go over and have to send it as two separate texts).
That's understandable. But on here? People have 60,000 characters to use!!!
Oh most definitely. Text speak on Bluemoon is strictly forbidden.

ratherdeadthanred said:
Is it just me or does anyone else hate this style of pissing writing, is it just pure laziness that nobody can ever be arsed to write a word in FULL with a FULL fucking sentance just taken me around 10 minutes to understand a text so i thought fuck it and I rung the basterd. Rant over
well said, i hate that shit.

Wheelsy OSC Sydney said:
Yeah I don't mind the odd abbreviation such as LOL.
But fuck me, it takes longer to decipher these messages than it would be to write it properly.

I must be the only young person who uses correct spelling AND punctuation in text messages.
no your not, i do too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.