The Offside Rule

NPBlue

We take it as granted that a player in an offside position can't score a goal, but many decisions are borderline, or just wrong.

Why do we have this rule, and would it make much difference if it was done away with?

I'm sure there was a reason why the rule was introduced, but why?

Should we get rid of offside?

Fowlers Penalty Miss said:
We take it as granted that a player in an offside position can't score a goal, but many decisions are borderline, or just wrong.

Why do we have this rule, and would it make much difference if it was done away with?

While you can debate certain aspects of the offside rule to abondon it alltogether is ridiculous and to even suggest it is evidence of a lack of football knowledge.

mattbw7 said:
Fowlers Penalty Miss said:

While you can debate certain aspects of the offside rule to abondon it alltogether is ridiculous and to even suggest it is evidence of a lack of football knowledge.

Why is that then?

Explain why a question about the offside rule is evidence of a lack of football knowledge?

As I said, the rule is taken as granted, but why was the rule introduced, and how does it enhance the game?

Explain, please.

No, football is great because games are so close, I don't want to see 8-3 every other week to the best sides.

If the offside rule was gotten rid off. Teams would adjust accordingly.

Villan10 said:
No, football is great because games are so close, I don't want to see 8-3 every other week to the best sides.

8-3 seems like a whitewash to me, and I don't understand why the offside rule will prevent it from happening.

Like I said, why do we have the offside rule, and what does it achieve?

Why was it introduced, and what does it do to enhance the game?

If the offside rule were abolished, there would actually be less goals, because the defense (and defensive midfielders) would have to stay so far back.

our blues especially would be screwed.

Abolish the off-side rule and sides would just get a big lump to stand on the other sides 18 yard line and hoof the ball up to him all game.
Not good for the entertainment value of the game imho.

There would be no midfield, the ball would be hoofed up the field by the keeper to the 8 strikers standing in the 6 yard box.

.............er has the offside rule already been banned in Stoke?

Goal hanging, you would just get forwards hanging around the goal basically, slowing the game down, stretching it and making it less tactical, like someone has sai it would just become long ball stuff

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.