The Offside Rule

Fowlers Penalty Miss said:
We take it as granted that a player in an offside position can't score a goal, but many decisions are borderline, or just wrong.

Why do we have this rule, and would it make much difference if it was done away with?

I'm sure there was a reason why the rule was introduced, but why?

Should we get rid of offside?

When linesmen learn to watch the ball with one eye and the player recieving it with the other at the same time things will get better im sure of it.

samharris said:
Fowlers Penalty Miss said:
We take it as granted that a player in an offside position can't score a goal, but many decisions are borderline, or just wrong.

Why do we have this rule, and would it make much difference if it was done away with?

I'm sure there was a reason why the rule was introduced, but why?

Should we get rid of offside?

When linesmen learn to watch the ball with one eye and the player recieving it with the other at the same time things will get better im sure of it.

I've heard that instead of using the latest video technology, Platini and Blatter are scouring the world's zoos for chameleons who know the offside law.

Because if it wasnt for the offside law you would just put a few 6ft7 strikers in the opponents box at all times. They would never have to leave.

That would mean there would be no point for a defensive line as they would just have to stand there with the strikers as at any second a long ball could be kicked there.

Are you a woman, American or just new to football that you needed this explained?

You can't be serious. Are you?

Might as well get rid of fouls....would be much more interesting without em....and what's with 11 man rule...put 67 on each side ,and every team would have 5 men chained to post so you limit their movement to 20 yards. And let's make goal 5 times taller, and a goalie hanging on ropes trying to catch it.

Bloddy ell....

Well, we all have a bit of a drink occasionally and come on here and make a bit of a fool of ourselves sometimes!

What more can I say, except what a bollocks thread.

I hang my head in shame.

It made perfect sense though, at the time.

Yeah, I know, but there you go, a throwaway statement, that in the cold light of day looks a bit ridiculous.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.