The Pep 'Survivor List' (Senior and Junior (loanee) players)

I don't agree with the not having the heart theory because I've watched him, as a small player getting lumps kicked out of him for 5 years show more heart than the majority of players in the team. He's worked hard for the team since the day he got here and this last four months is the only time he's looked genuinely off the pace - which comes after another injury.
I think Pep will be chomping at the bit at the thought of working with somebody with Silvas ability. If he's after him working harder and changing his game I'm as equally sure that Silva is up for the challenge.

I think that he's had lumps kicked out of him is a bit of a myth, he's been fouled 138 times in the last 4 years(104 games) and has committed 102 fouls in the same period.. compare to say Hazard, who has been fouled 324 times in the last 4 years and committed 66 fouls himself.

Silva basically gives just as good as he gets and being fouled 1.3times a game is not having lumps kicked out of you on a regular basis. And no nipping at ankles doesn't count.

I agree he'll definitely be here next season...He needs a rest though or he'll just carry his injury for the rest of the season, through the Euros and into the next.

I think that he's had lumps kicked out of him is a bit of a myth, he's been fouled 138 times in the last 4 years(104 games) and has committed 102 fouls in the same period.. compare to say Hazard on who has been fouled 324 times in the last 4 years and committed 66 fouls himself.

Silva basically gives just as good as he gets and being fouled 1.3times a game is not having lumps kicked out of you on a regular basis. And no nipping at ankles doesn't count.

I agree he'll definitely be here next season...He needs a rest though or he'll just carry his injury for the rest of the season, through the Euros and into the next.
It's the nipping of ankles that has seen him sidelined though. His game is based on sleight of body movement and his ankles are constantly twisting and turning. Having the opposition take nips week in week out add up. I've also seen him blatantly fouled plenty when play is waved on.

I agree he gives as good as he gets.

Injuries excepting, Silva will be fine playing for Guardiola. I think people will be surprised at how many of our players will adapt to his methods.

There will be something of a players exodus in the summer, just as there would have been inf we had stuck with MP. Some players are getting on, some have failed to live up to expectations.

The remaining players including Silva will be given more demanding responsibilities. But they'll be given the tools to carry out those responsibilities. The conditioning will be stepped up. More will be expected from the players, but within a framework that makes that possible. The players will have clearly defined defensive duties that make sense (eg Silva will not be expected to track back 70m to help the left back). They'll trust the system and they'll trust their teammates to play their part in the system.

I do know some of the decisions Pep will make in summer will have plenty on here clutching their pearls. This place is going to be comedy gold and I'm sure I'll have a meltdown here and there also, depending on who leaves!

Ota
Kdb
Sterling
Nacho
Aguero

That's it. Some will stick around, but they won't be first xi in peps second season.
Do you really believe that?

The players that might struggle are Bony and Toure because they are both players whose workrate is low, and the two Pep teams I have seen both work extremely hard playing at an intensity that neither Toure or Bony could handle

Fair enough to those who think Silva is out the door. I think that is madness and he is as certain to stay as Aguero.
I say that because he can hold the ball high up the pitch and pick that pass better than anyone else in the game almost.
That is a player that fits in peps system from what i can see, also he will graft and run more than most.
Pep can't have wholesale change and i feel with that Silva stays in the "keep" camp.

In fact i feel Silva will get to do his best stuff under Pep

A fair few will be out the door though, hope to fuck Zabba stays.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.