The Pep 'Survivor List' (Senior and Junior (loanee) players)

Do you really believe that?

The players that might struggle are Bony and Toure because they are both players whose workrate is low, and the two Pep teams I have seen both work extremely hard playing at an intensity that neither Toure or Bony could handle
Hart I'm not sure on. Big fan of Kolarov but think he's nearing his end. Same goes for zaba, demi and fernandinho. Toure looks gone already, I honestly don't see Silvas role still existing tactically (expect him to become Kdb back up), navas is potentially to one dimensional for pep. Mangala, clichy, Nasri, Delph, Fernando - total wildcards.

Hart...Silva...Fernandinho...Vinny...all will be regular starters next season injuries permitting...you're in cloud cuckoo land if you think the team will be completely overhauled...there will be changes...but not the wholesale ones some of you on here think
I did say peps second season.

I'd be surprised if ferna, kompany, Silva were the first names on the team sheet in 2018. Obviously he's not bombing out 15 players in the coming summer.

Hart I'm not sure on. Big fan of Kolarov but think he's nearing his end. Same goes for zaba, demi and fernandinho. Toure looks gone already, I honestly don't see Silvas role still existing tactically (expect him to become Kdb back up), navas is potentially to one dimensional for pep. Mangala, clichy, Nasri, Delph, Fernando - total wildcards.
I see Navas as very similar to Pedro. Demichelis is finished like Toure in the top leagues, but I feel all the other players you mention could have a role. Zabaleta and Silva have a got a lot left even if they are having a bad time this season with injury. barry came to us at about 30?

You astound me. Over the whole season, in which we have not performed wonderfully (and nothing like the 2011-12 and 2013-14 seasons), Fernandinho has a good shout for being our most consistently skilled player. I like Delph, very much, and respect him, but I just don't see him as being savvy enough to be a Pep player. Ferny, on the other hand…
And by the way, to clear something up — the op had nothing to I want, but what I believe Pep will see as being potential in a team stamped with his trademark. As such, it is, of course, pure speculation. That's what tends to happen on a forum — all forums, of whatever nature. And another thing I'd like to emphasise. I was talking about what I believe will potentially happen over the two windows, summer 2016, summer 2017 (and January, if you count it). Obviously, Pep is not Malcolm Allison, and there will be no car boot sale this summer, right from the get-go. And certain players may surprise us over the next season. I sincerely hope they do. I see a lot of you are keeping Otamendi, or rather, saying that Pep will certainly want to keep him. I'm starting to lose faith in the guy, for reasons posted earlier — I would love to be proven wrong. A central defence with a consistently fit Vinny and just a consistent Otamendi is a dream pairing, which could give us the strength, along with other factors, to push right through to the final of the CL. And that is what our owners want, along with domestic silverware. Wouldn't mind it myself, come to that.

I agree with Delph being vulnerable, but he's young and a current England international, so maybe that will be in his favour.

Fernando will surely move on?

People are being a bit too strict, he changed his system to suit Bayern's key players when he went there and he'll do the same when he comes here, a fantastic keeper like Hart will not be thrown away just because he isn't as good on the ball as Neuer for example, and he won't throw Silva away either just because he hasn't used his type of player before, he'll change his system slightly so they can fit in.

I'm fairly certain all of these will stay through the summer:

Hart
Wright
Zabaleta
Kompany
Otamendi
Clichy
Fernandinho
Delph
Silva
De Bruyne
Sterling
Navas
Aguero
Iheanacho

Maybe one or two of these will survive if they're lucky, only because we can't replace that many players in one summer:

Caballero
Mangala
Sagna

And I'm certain we'll have seen the last of these once summer rolls around:

Demichelis
Kolarov
Fernando
Yaya
Nasri
Bony

I think that he's had lumps kicked out of him is a bit of a myth, he's been fouled 138 times in the last 4 years(104 games) and has committed 102 fouls in the same period.. compare to say Hazard, who has been fouled 324 times in the last 4 years and committed 66 fouls himself.
Silva has different refereeing to Hazard, so those numbers mean nothing, its just the number of fouls he has been given and that bares no resemblance to the number he should have been given.

.................................Hart
(Cabilerro)

Sagna............Kompany............Stones............Alaba
(new RB) (Denayer) (Otamendi) (Clichy)

..................Busquets.............Wiegl
(Fernandinho) (Delph)

Sane......................De-Bruyne...................Silva
(Navas) (Nasri) (Sterling)

..............................Aguero
(Nacho)

I make that 14 x players staying, not including the re-introduction of Denayer.

Watching that performance — or whatever you want to call it — yesterday got me to thinking who, in my opinion, will definitely survive of this squad, once Pep is in. Now I'm not saying the clear-out will be all at one fell swoop, this summer. But I believe that these players, and these only, are fairly certain of still being at this club and in the squad about fourteen months from now:

Hart
Fernandinho
Silva
Aguero
Iheanacho
Sterling
De Bruyne

Kompany (?)

I put a question mark after Vinny's name because everything depends on him proving that he can get — and stay — fit. Otherwise, I don't see Pep having any patience with him. I honestly think everybody else could be cleared out, or put out to grass. I think players like Clichy, Zab and Sagna have done a fine job, as far as they go (and I love Zab as a guy, does it need saying) but I don't think will feel that players of that age will be mouldable to his style.
What's your survivor list?

I see Navas as very similar to Pedro. Demichelis is finished like Toure in the top leagues, but I feel all the other players you mention could have a role. Zabaleta and Silva have a got a lot left even if they are having a bad time this season with injury. barry came to us at about 30?
I think nasri is really interesting. He's still our most consistent passer, amazing in tight spaces and can play deeper.

On paper he's in our top 5 or so pep-style players. He gets a lot of stick but he had a massive hand in the last two things we won. I think he could be the Renaissance act.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.