The Pink!

TCIB

Oi, this is the general footy forum you dirty swines, less of that :-D

So i was just smiling to myself thinking of my memories of the pink. I used to walk up to the boulevard over the the other side of Hazel Grove train station and wait for the delivery man to come whilst going through a quarter of rhubarb and custard at a rate that would see me told off by mum.

The paper was for my dad and he hated the pages being askew when he got it so i would walk back home slowly whilst reading it. As i got home i would make sure it was perfect as it was off the press. The worst part it was often page 6-8 or more before we even got a mention.

Did you used to buy the pink? did you go for your dad or were you the dad? Or were you a hip youth who grabbed it on the way back from the match after a pint and a fight?

Oi, this is the general footy forum you dirty swines, less of that :-D

So i was just smiling to myself thinking of my memories of the pink. I used to walk up to the boulevard over the the other side of Hazel Grove train station and wait for the delivery man to come whilst going through a quarter of rhubarb and custard at a rate that would see me told off by mum.

The paper was for my dad and he hated the pages being askew when he got it so i would walk back home slowly whilst reading it. As i got home i would make sure it was perfect as it was off the press. The worst part it was often page 6-8 or more before we even got a mention.

Did you used to buy the pink? did you go for your dad or were you the dad? Or were you a hip youth who grabbed it on the way back from the match after a pint and a fight?
Always preferred the green myself.

Stood outside the Newsagent about 5 30 waiting for the delivery van to slow down to 30 MPH and chuck the bundle on the pavement. Dashing it in and the newsagent cutting the string.Then all the guys walking back home with their heads burried in it. Things aint what they used to be.

Stood outside the Newsagent about 5 30 waiting for the delivery van to slow down to 30 MPH and chuck the bundle on the pavement. Dashing it in and the newsagent cutting the string.Then all the guys walking back home with their heads burried in it. Things aint what they used to be.
As above , how was it printed and distributed so quickly.?

Best payday as a paper boy just selling it round the pubs
Nearly all games kicked off at 3 PM Saturday and apart from a bit on Grandstand and World of sport no where else to get a match report

Aww man,, having to wait for the print to dry from the van outside the north stand after home games and waiting at the newsagents for the van to arrive after away games,,loved it

Won one of the two fiver Pink Postbag letters many times but never the tenner letter.
It then went to one letter getting 25 quid and I met Bryan Brett from the MEN (who produced Pink Postbag) at a supporters club meeting and introduced myself.... my next letter won the 25 quid ;)

Didn't live that far from Maine Road so it was either ear wigging someone's radio on the way back or waiting for the van pulling up outside our local shop. Didn't they sell/print them outside the Northstand?

edit.. why me? Blue Manchester confirmed.

First solid news from hillsborough was from a Pink if I remember. Coming back from Blackburn.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.