The Pink!

They used to send photographers to Maine Road/O.T. and Swinton R.L. or Salford every Saturday to take pictures of the crowd, and if they put a circle round your face in the photo you won a guinea.

Sorry for the late reply as I’m here in Tasmania what with the time zones and Xmas etc
I do remember the van drivers having drop offs at Victoria & Piccadilly stations for various trains so honestly don’t know how far the Pinks reach was
Not fuckin Tasmania!

My mum used to airmail me a rolled up copy each week when I lived in Zambia in the late 70's, other than the BBC sport on SW radio it was the only way to keep in touch in them days.

As a bonus she would tape a digital watch inside which the locals were fascinated by a would pay a good price for, sweet memories.

all the reds outside shop when they won wating for the van when they won
no fucking sign of em if they lost

remember one headline " reds in 5 goal thriller " they had got beat 4- 1

We were talking about the pink on the way up to Newcastle I reckoned there was a topless miss pink on page 3 for a while nobody else seemed to remember it, can any other perv confirm it or was it just wishful thinking on my part.

We were talking about the pink on the way up to Newcastle I reckoned there was a topless miss pink on page 3 for a while nobody else seemed to remember it, can any other perv confirm it or was it just wishful thinking on my part.
Wishful thinking mate, I read the pink for years and never seen and topless ladies

no way was there a topless miss pink. Back in the day nearly everyone did the pools, trying for 8 draws, jackpot was £75,000, doesnt seem much now but then it would have bought 20-odd houses, and the pink was the first to have the results, followed by the Empire later in the evening, sold by blokes shouting out round the streets. After a home game we would walk back down Yew Tree road and wait outside the paper-shop for the van to drop off the rolled up bundle of pinks, a good win and they would be sold out by 6 o.c. a thumping loss and there would still be some on Sunday morning.
There was a "green un" for a while published by the Evening Chronicle but they disappeared when the parent company went bust.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.