The positive thread.

Haven't posted any thing since the game as much of the forum was doom and gloom. Everything and anything, including Manager, Bravo, Kolarov, Zabaleta, Away Kit, Aguero's non inclusion, No Yaya & Hart was blamed. I watched the game again last night and till bravo's red card we were right there. Did Bravo make a mistake and that changed the game, Absolutely , there is no denying that. The score might sound we got a hiding but the bigger picture indicates otherwise.

The tactics used last night were spot on. We all know Barcelona play out of back every time and our pressing was good. Umtiti was identified as the weak link in barca's defense and we could see Gundogan pressing up to him every time when he received the ball. Their passing play was disrupted and that's why we were in the game for most of the time. Much of barca's offense flows through busquests- iniesta nexus and we shut that off completely. Silva did a good job of pushing up to Busquests and he was basically anonymous for most of the game. we deprived MSN the usual service and that allowed us to be in context. SImilar thing aganist Everton, Most people said Everton parked the bus , but it was our wingers Sterling and Sane, that pinned their fullbacks Coleman and Oviedo and much of everton's play stems from their fullbacks.

Our defence is still a work in progress, we let them run behind us too easily a couple of times. Otamendi had a good game yesterday and stones never sighed away from recieving the ball even with 10 men. You can't make three mistake ( one a bit of unforunate slip) and not get punished with MSN around. Like pep said, we were in their box a couple of times and should have finished those chances. You dont win many unless you score.

Am i disappointed , with the score yes, with all the bollocks the media is spitting out yes, but not with our performance. Very few team come to Nou Camp and go toe to toe with Barca. We were able to do that till the red card. Plenty of positives to take from the game at the same time a lot of hard work required.

Great post. I completely agree.

The only thing that i would add in the disappointment column is the opinions of some of our 'supporters' expressed on this forum. Pep deserves much much better.

Haven't posted any thing since the game as much of the forum was doom and gloom. Everything and anything, including Manager, Bravo, Kolarov, Zabaleta, Away Kit, Aguero's non inclusion, No Yaya & Hart was blamed. I watched the game again last night and till bravo's red card we were right there. Did Bravo make a mistake and that changed the game, Absolutely , there is no denying that. The score might sound we got a hiding but the bigger picture indicates otherwise.

The tactics used last night were spot on. We all know Barcelona play out of back every time and our pressing was good. Umtiti was identified as the weak link in barca's defense and we could see Gundogan pressing up to him every time when he received the ball. Their passing play was disrupted and that's why we were in the game for most of the time. Much of barca's offense flows through busquests- iniesta nexus and we shut that off completely. Silva did a good job of pushing up to Busquests and he was basically anonymous for most of the game. we deprived MSN the usual service and that allowed us to be in context. SImilar thing aganist Everton, Most people said Everton parked the bus , but it was our wingers Sterling and Sane, that pinned their fullbacks Coleman and Oviedo and much of everton's play stems from their fullbacks.

Our defence is still a work in progress, we let them run behind us too easily a couple of times. Otamendi had a good game yesterday and stones never sighed away from recieving the ball even with 10 men. You can't make three mistake ( one a bit of unforunate slip) and not get punished with MSN around. Like pep said, we were in their box a couple of times and should have finished those chances. You dont win many unless you score.

Am i disappointed , with the score yes, with all the bollocks the media is spitting out yes, but not with our performance. Very few team come to Nou Camp and go toe to toe with Barca. We were able to do that till the red card. Plenty of positives to take from the game at the same time a lot of hard work required.
Agree 100% mate.

Great post. I completely agree.

The only thing that i would add in the disappointment column is the opinions of some of our 'supporters' expressed on this forum. Pep deserves much much better.
pep does deserve better ,but its the players not a few posters on here who have let him down in the last 4 games , we have got to cut out the crap . score pens,make sitters count,cut out passes that lead to goals against,make the right decisions in the final third,all our own downfall its not good enough and i hope sunday goes someway to make amends

Well said. The real problem is that if our own fans can't support Pep and his decisions then what hope do we have with a rag infested media trying to trip him/City up at every step.

These are the same minority of fans who are afraid to sing until we are four up. Cowards who should know more by now but unfortunately don't.

NB. We have the best manager in the world!

These are the same minority of fans who are afraid to sing until we are four up. Cowards who should know more by now but unfortunately don't.

NB. We have the best manager in the world!
We FOCs in 323 will still sing even though the pulse rate is at maximum and we aren't three goals to the good. Past times are hard to shake. In fact, on Row E 323 we've been known to hold our collective breath for 95 mins until we get to 4-1.

In forty years of watching City, this is the best football I have seen.
I don't believe it will be long before we annihilate someone in the premier league. As Pep rightly points out; it is taking the opposition one chance to score and ten chances for us. Once we stop that, and it won't be long in my opinion, we will destroy teams.

It's only the Spurs game where we were deservedly beaten! That game aside I think we've been excellent!
Some people literally thought getting Pep meant a guaranteed 3points every game!

We have gone from being the oldest and most stale side in the league to one of the most exciting and feared teams again, and that's in the space of 3 months!!! We'll lose a few more this season but we're also going to smash some teams to pieces! I have never been so excited about supporting City! We've had brilliant players for a while now but now we've got THE manager, he's bigger than any player and it's his way or no way and he may make some decisions that as fans we don't like (for sentimental reasons) but I have 100% confidence that Guardiola is taking us to the very top!
Don't care if this sounds deluded but we were bossing Barca before the sending off and even their first goal was due to Fernandinho slipping over!

I feel so sorry for the fans amongst us who can't see what we are about to achieve! It's once in a lifetime stuff...

We deserved to loose against Spurs and Barca, we deserved wins against Celtic and Everton....we showed great courage at Celtic park, i havent seen that since. I blame Peps player choices in defence for Celtic and Barca although we could have played Barca ten times and would loose ten times. All in all not so bad given we played Everton off the park, expect a good win versus Saints.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.