The Prisoner

Had a huge impact on me when aged 20 when Channel 4 showed it in 1983.... I even joined a fan club of sorts receiving a monthly magazine full of all sorts of conspiracies relating to the show.
I first saw it in 1967? and I believe, it flopped initially, was re-shown a year later and became a big success.
That period in history had the quirky 'Avengers' series at it's height, and the brilliantly made and cast 'Prisoner,' with it's surreal content
fast became a cult that has a large worldwide following to this day.
The last episode was completely off the wall, and the superb Alexis Kanner, singing 'Dem Bones' portrayed the
rebelliousness of youth to perfection.

I first saw it in 1967? and I believe, it flopped initially, was re-shown a year later and became a big success.
That period in history had the quirky 'Avengers' series at it's height, and the brilliantly made and cast 'Prisoner,' with it's surreal content
fast became a cult that has a large worldwide following to this day.
The last episode was completely off the wall, and the superb Alexis Kanner, singing 'Dem Bones' portrayed the
rebelliousness of youth to perfection.
Saw an interview or documentary about it and he said they had 12 or 13 episodes done and we're writing another 3 or 4 and still hadn't thought of the ending!
Next thing is he was told they only had enough money for one more episode and literally just through that last episode together

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.