The Prisons crisis

I posted a while back that I was surprised at how shite the pay was. I can't see that a few extra grand if you live down South will really make that much difference.

The state of prisons is one of those things that would scupper any political career. But it's laughable that the only time a government would envisage a pay rise is when the shit has well and truly hit the fan, despite ministers being told time and time again that the shit is about to hit the fan.

/////
I posted a while back that I was surprised at how shite the pay was. I can't see that a few extra grand if you live down South will really make that much difference.

I think at least as big a problem is that there just arent anywhere near enough of them. I've visited 3 prisons and the thing that struck me most was just how many prisoners each prison officer is expected to deal with. They must go to work every day fearing for their safety.

The state of prisons is one of those things that would scupper any political career. But it's laughable that the only time a government would envisage a pay rise is when the shit has well and truly hit the fan, despite ministers being told time and time again that the shit is about to hit the fan.
The madness is there was no need for it to get to this stage and even have to offer pay rises. There was perfectly good officers in position keeping prisoners and colleagues safe, they then go and pay millions by dishing out sizeable packages to cut staff and not replace them.

It was always only going to go one way.............

Its surely the biggest single factor in re offending and prison population as well as crime figures and the cost to society.

I can ru up £countless thousands of personal debt and bump the lot of them and within 6 years, im free to start again yet you steal a couple of hundred quid and its a chain around your neck forever and will stop you ever getting on with your life in many cases.

I would imagine this is a tad simplistic, also running up debt is not the same as stealing

When people dishonestly rack up a load of credit card debt in the knowledge they'll never be able to repay the sum borrowed.

It pisses me off a mate did it, 60 grand on various credit cards, however this isn't stealing and the people who didn't get the money? The daft **** institutions who gave it him. He doesn't get to start again by the way, like I said it was a tad simplistic The basic principle of someone giving you money as opposed to taking it is pretty basic.

It pisses me off a mate did it, 60 grand on various credit cards, however this isn't stealing and the people who didn't get the money? The daft **** institutions who gave it him. He doesn't get to start again by the way, like I said it was a tad simplistic The basic principle of someone giving you money as opposed to taking it is pretty basic.
Section 2 of the Fraud Act 2006 broadly disagrees with your sentiments.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.