The race for the Top 4 - RUNNERS UP, a game to spare

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
When you take the season as whole including all cup competitions, it hasn't been a good one. Allowing Chelsea to walk the league with games to spare is not good. Losing to inferior sides at home in the cup is poor and zero progress in the CL from last season. Add to that, 9 points dropped against sides in the bottom 3 and only 2 wins from 8 against Chelsea, arsenal, rags and scousers and it doesn't paint a great picture.

However that being said, the end of the season has been good and credit to Pellegrini and the players for that.

I'd rather have all that than support Chelsea.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
When you take the season as whole including all cup competitions, it hasn't been a good one. Allowing Chelsea to walk the league with games to spare is not good. Losing to inferior sides at home in the cup is poor and zero progress in the CL from last season. Add to that, 9 points dropped against sides in the bottom 3 and only 2 wins from 8 against Chelsea, arsenal, rags and scousers and it doesn't paint a great picture.

However that being said, the end of the season has been good and credit to Pellegrini and the players for that.
That's piss poor. The manager should pin that to the dressing room wall next season.

Re: The race for the Top 4

cleavers said:
chesterbells said:
Yeah ok, but it's not a good effort from where we were 4 and a half months ago.
You really should try being happy for a change, even if its not everything we ever wanted, its still better than 18 other clubs, celebrate being runners up, 10 years ago it was merely a pipe dream.

I sense a York away moment in the offing. Yes, I know how thankful I should be, and I am sir. Thank you sir.

In reality of course I know what you mean, and I don't disagree really. It's just about the point in time when you choose to judge from, and for me finishing second, especially with UEFA doing their best to limit the club, is a great achievement - but its also frustrating when we were joint top at the start of the year (!). That's all I was getting at.

Have we really come second?

Nothing on the BBC website about that?

Not even a mention about Arsenal's serial failure.

I thought I was the only person who noticed.

It a bloody joke! How they gloated when City dropped to fourth and they were saying we may not even qualify for the Champions League.

Where's the apology? Are they to busy eating their humble pie.

_81844677_philmc8.png

I am pleased we have shown enough character to get us over the finishing line and finish runners up. Still there is plenty of work needs to be done over the summer.

therealsvenn said:

It a bloody joke! How they gloated when City dropped to fourth and they were saying we may not even qualify for the Champions League.

_81844677_philmc8.png

The BBC's sports team over time has become like the Mail, running the same rag and dipper loving crap over and over with changed titles every week so I wouldn't expect an article let alone an apology for anything

Re: Top 2 again

We're not really here said:
On the OS today it has been pointed out we have finished in the top 2 for the 4th year running. Is this good enough? For me it as a positive. Winning the league every year is unrealistic so two seconds with two titles is not to be sniffed at.
I suppose the disappointing thing is both years we have had better teams and squads and really should have run them both much closer. Having said that glass half full for me!

My disappointment has been tempered by seeing off the rags and the Tarquins in a most unexpected fashion. Once again their laughter has died in their throats. I wish we'd made a better fist of the other domestic comps, though. Better cup runs next season, hopefully.

therealsvenn said:

_81844677_philmc8.png
What's most telling there is not the differential between our projected points and actual - in fact if we draw on Sunday he'll be spot on, but the yawning gap between united and Arsenal's actual versus protected. In united's case it could be as much as eleven points. They have both completely capitulated in the last month, although dont expect any such narrative from the press or rag infested media city.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.