The Rags, they are a-ragin' - read the comment section.

RandyBlue

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dexysden.co.uk/2011/03/manchester-united-should-be-docked-points-and-sir-alex-ferguson-banned-from-the-touchline-for-the-rest-of-the-season/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dexysden.co.uk/2011/03/manch ... he-season/</a><br /><br />-- Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:26 pm --<br /><br />edited for clarity

Excellent article. MANUre may well overtake The Dippers' haul of League titles this season, but one thing is it clear just how many have been won solely on merit.

They have had innumerable leg-ups by craven officials and when we get one that follows the spirit of his own convictions, the whole seedy, malevolent machine that is MANUre swings into action with their CEO, FA bigwig, haranguing presumably a guest in their directors' box.

Shameless, morally bankrupt, a virus on the body football.

They have had innumerable leg-ups by craven officials and when we get one that follows the spirit of his own convictions, the whole seedy, malevolent machine that is MANUre swings into action with their CEO, FA bigwig, haranguing presumably a guest in their directors' box.

Shameless, morally bankrupt, a virus on the body football.

Bit of a chip on your shoulder there pal.

The behaviour of Manchester United’s players and officials and executives has now become utterly indefensible.

Never mind the contempt with which Sir Alex Ferguson continues to treat match officials and broadcasters, even the club’s chief executive, David Gill, became embroiled in a heated exchange with the referees’ chief, Mike Riley on Sunday during United’s dismal capitulation to Liverpool.

Gill took the opportunity at half-time to harangue Riley in the directors’ box about the referee, Phil Dowd, and his, admittedly questionable, decision to not send off Jamie Carragher for the challenge that left a tearful Nani being taken off on a stretcher. The same Nani, by the way, who interrupted his writhing around in agony to leap to his feet to try to get Carragher sent off before falling to the ground again in tears.

Riley, understandably, vigorously defended Dowd in an argument that suggests that it’s not just Ferguson who thinks his team deserves special treatment. I doubt Gill sought out Riley to congratulate him on Dowd and his equally questionable decision to not dismiss Rafael – possibly the dirtiest full-back in the Premier League – for his two-footed assault later in the game.

At heart, though, this is about the club’s utter disdain for the Respect campaign which is aimed at offering some protection to referees against verbal and physical abuse. That the country’s most famous club clearly has no regard for the campaign – and has been at the forefront of referee harrassment for at least 25 years – is not in doubt. So much for setting an example.

What makes the club’s behaviour even more remarkable is the fact that only last week Wayne Rooney escaped punishment for a premeditated attack on a Wigan player and that they have long benefited from ‘Fergie-time’ at the end of matches.

When a club is so clearly contemptuous of authority there can only be one course of action – punishment with extreme prejudice. Deduct ten points with immediate effect and ban Ferguson from the touchline for the rest of the season. The alternative? Manchester United continue to ride roughshod over English football. They need to be punished and punished severely. And it needs to happen now.

Share This Post:

Tagged as: carragher, gill, liverpool, Liverpool FC, man united, manchester city, Manchester United, Nani, sir alex ferguson

{ 36 comments… read them below or add one }
really March 7, 2011 at 11:14 am
Man Utd should be docked 10 points – REALLY is that what your ‘objectivity’ thinks.
Whilst Man UTD have shown a complete lack of respect, to say dock 10 points just proves you sit at home wearing a tin foil hat.
Has anyone asked the question did Man UTD kick up a fuss when Chelsea scored a goal that was clearly off side, that gave them 3 points last season which saw them win the league by 1 point.
To say Man UTD got all the decisions is ludicrous.
However if the same referee was responsible time and time again of not giving the right decisions to your team how far would your manager take it. Harry Redknapp this season said he would talk to the press if he was brought up on charges for speaking out.
It is time the FA and referee association did something about the continual inability of their referees to get decisions right.

tom March 7, 2011 at 11:18 am
don’t be ridiculous, calm down. acting on envy is rash at best, criminal at worst.
the challenge on nani was a potential career ending challenge. everything that happened afterwards was as a result of the incorrect decision not to send of carragher.
united will win the league. if not, they’ll be close. i’m a united fan and i love it!
don’t hate x

David Mulliner March 7, 2011 at 11:27 am
Inflammatory nonsense and thats putting it mildly. You deserve a spot on Talksport.

simon March 7, 2011 at 11:29 am
what a pathetic article, quite surprised that someone would actually go to the bother of writing something like this.

“questionable decision” thats a funny way to put it as it was one of the worst one footed tackles i have seen in a long time, the ref only needs to take one look at Nani’a leg to see exactly how high it was adn how bad. Against Chelsea for the third successive fixture now we have had shocking decisions change the result. I always find it priceless how people go to lengths to write articels about Utd getting favourable decsions yet they never include those that go against us. I am more than happy to admit we get the rub of green against lower teams, but so do all the top teams that goes for every league in the world. But the fact remians lst year a ref cost us the title, this year in the space of 5 days, we should have been playing against ten men. Especially the Chelsea game where it was 1-1 all the time and 35 min to play.

Mate take your head out of your a@@ and try and write and article with a little bit of objectivity

The Major March 7, 2011 at 11:32 am
Ha ha ha! Lovely article. Needed something to cheer me up after the game.

United docked ten points because David Gill argued with someone in the director’s box?!!! Sort yourself out.

No mention of Maxi’s stamp on Rafael in the lead up to his challenge (which wasn’t even two-footed)? Plus if Carragher had been rightly sent off, Rafael’s wouldn’t have happened because, well, the game would have changed.

Was Rooney’s elbow pre-mediated, or a rash decision in the heat of the moment? A sending off yes, but it was done after the defender deliberately tried to step across his path to block him.

If there’s one thing the internet has done is give a platform for idiots like you to take their garbage thoughts out of the pub and into the wider public.

Mystical Mike March 7, 2011 at 11:34 am
10 points might a bit harsh to be honest. You make your own luck in this game, all be it, United seem to get more decisions than everyone else.

Class example being: The 91 season when Arsenal & United had a punch up, with both teams equally responsible for what happened. Arsenal were ducted 2 points and United 1. How does that work?

Problem is, Fergi is respected to much and the higher powers are shit scared of him. FACT.

Slightly off topic but United have been found out at last, and maybe Red Nose knows this.

reid March 7, 2011 at 11:38 am
Admittedly questionable, what the f**k r u on carragher shoul be banned for 10 matches, and fergie has every reason to abuse the refs, if we had of got are pen against chelsea and luiz sent off then we would of won, if the red cards for carra, maxi and maybe even suarez for pulling rafas hair then we would of won

ManU22 March 7, 2011 at 11:40 am
You must be out of you’re f**king tree if you think deducting points is a suitable punishment.

Fines – yes
Time wasting appearance with the FA -yes
Touch line bans – yes

point deduction… B-LL-X

dave March 7, 2011 at 11:43 am
More ABU crap in the the press, carraghers challenge was a disgrace as, whilst Nani is prone to over reacting there was certainly none of that in this instance. As for united supposedly hounding referees’ just about every club has done the same thing with managers speaking out against decisions that go against them. Personally I think this article should be withdrawn as its nothing but sheer envy of success that has driven you to write this drivel. Deducting ten points? Do me a favour.

Fergie is GOD March 7, 2011 at 11:43 am
What a gutter trash clown you are, Carragher took out Nani whiles Rafae committed a rash floor challege that haves nothing on JCs blood drawing shin high tackle, what scum you truly are. 10 point deduction? I dont think so coward boy, and Fergie should get no ban you double standard ABU hypocrite. It seems to me that you clown boy are defending JC and condeeming United, which makes you a hypocrite coward, your cleary a scared little ABU woman. “Fergie time”? sorry ABU trash but it is injury time, grow up.

gor March 7, 2011 at 11:43 am
you will only raff in hell u twit hatred pason.
go and dock points for your self you :: twit. you talk bad of united simply dey r rulling de lague

reid March 7, 2011 at 11:47 am
Rafael the dirtiest fullback in the prem league haha luis suarez the dirtiest player in world football served a ban for biting opponents, pulls opponents hair and is admittingly proud to be sent off for cheating in the world cup. Liverpool suits him down to the ground SCUM BAG

author is a ploker March 7, 2011 at 11:48 am
Is the writer of this article actualy sane? or writing this from a padded cell. What a waste of time when you get a ploker like this author wasting our time reading a complete load of drivel. Get a life or at least get sanctioned!!!!

Fergie is GOD March 7, 2011 at 11:49 am
Chelsea needss to be docked 15pts for the thuggery of Luiz against United and overall disrespect to all officials and ‘Chelsea time’. Arsenal needs docking 20pts for all their cheating and 15yrs of ‘Wenger time’ and disrespect of the officials as demostrated again this Saturday. City needs docking 30pts for being cheats and all their ‘Mancini time’. See I can play you sad little game to scum bag. Grow up you ABU hypocrite.

reid March 7, 2011 at 11:52 am
The sad thing is even if we got deducted 10 points we’d still be 8 points in fronts of you lol

jb March 7, 2011 at 11:56 am
What an utter pile of garbage! The fact is that the refereeing standards are a complete joke,not just against Man Utd but in general. Yes you can say that it’s all part of football but seriously some of the decisions that are being made or not made are disgraceful, How can the referee’s expect to get any respect when they can’t get the big decisions right?. I’m by no means saying that the behaviour of Fergie is right but you can hardly blame him for feeling angered by game changing poor decisions that have perhaps contributed to dropped points.

Fergie is GOD March 7, 2011 at 12:00 pm
Carraghers blood drawing shin high tackle is unacceptable and this clown backs it by attacking Rafael who made a rash floor tackle afterwards that was nothing, whiles Nani was removed on a stretcher in pain and a big gash on his leg from the worst tackle of the seasn. Maxi should of went for his knee high tackle on Rafael just before the ever talented honest Brazilian made a rash tackle, to which that disgusting fouling diving biter Suarez should of been sent off fo pulling Rafaels hair. Your an ABU joke.

Paul_manu March 7, 2011 at 12:14 pm
i don’t know why you always put your focus on wayne rooney, look i am lebanese and i “adore” england and the english people i always support the england national team in the world cup and euros, maybe i live england more than my coutry, but i don’t know why the english media always put the pressure and criticizes the best footballers in the country…and don’t know why nobody talked about luiz’s elbow on javier hernandez you can dowload it from youtube,it;s also a dirty elbow but nobody even remembers cz they always focus on rooney and his private life and bla bla bla and finally i want to say:English people blame your medias for not hosting the WC2018 (BBC), and for the poor performance for the english national team in the EC2010 and more more more…i am rally sorry for you

Kings March 7, 2011 at 12:23 pm
How about Chelsea getting docked points for cancelling a fixture 28 hours beforehand? The streets were clear and there was no reason for the game to be called off. Cunts like you cannot wait to get on the Anti United bandwagon and suggest severe punishments to be handed out. You go on and on about the Rooney incident, but haven’t mentioned anything about Carraghers vile challenge on Nani. But that’s ok by you, because it happened to a United player. If Vidic played and put one in on Gerrard, this whole country would be up in arms saying what an animal he is. Fucking total double standards. The jealousy is becoming more and more transparant because we are close to title number 19 and you scouse loving bastards can’t bare that. Go fuck yourself you stupid son of a woman.

Paul_manu March 7, 2011 at 12:31 pm
<a class="postlink" href="http://soccertvlive.blogspot.com/2011/03/video-david-luiz-elbow-on-chicharito.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://soccertvlive.blogspot.com/2011/0 ... arito.html</a>

luiz’s elbow on chicharito…where’s the media????

Paul Connolly March 7, 2011 at 12:50 pm
The usual barely literate responses from United fans. Not ONE of you has come up with anything like a reasoned argument.
Kings, you charming, silver-tongued old devil you, you claim I didn’t mention Carragher’s poor challenge on Nani. You can’t have managed to read all the way through, then (must tire out your lips having to read more than 50 words in an hour). And, by the way, I’m certainly no Liverpool fan.

And Paul_manu, that was NOT an elbow, it was a body check. And, yes, Luiz, was a very lucky boy last week. But a thug like Scholes has been being lucky for a couple of decades now.
“Oh that Scholes, he just can’t tackle, hoho….”

Fergie is GOD March 7, 2011 at 1:04 pm
Wenger to be punished with season ban for disgraceful comment, Luiz the thug to recieve a 5 game ban, Chelsea fan Atkinson to be fired, Carragher, Maxi Suarez to be banned 5 games and all the utd hating media hypocrites hanged. Point deductions given to the fa paradises (arse, chelski, spuds, citey) tò make it fair after all the help their got these past 20 years.

manutdthebest March 7, 2011 at 1:07 pm
“They need to be punished and punished severely. And it needs to happen now.”

BECAUSE this is the only way you beloved team can win the Title..

Inn’t it?

Rooney escape red is not united fault, the Ref fault. Since then press branded him like Man United’s woman. FA quiet, everybody like “Hear,hear!”
Then
Chelsea game, Ref did series of blunders. He decided to be a people man (of course who want to be someone woman) vs united. Right! Everyone quiet incl FA. Press praised Chelski like their potential soon to be step son. Fergie refuse to do so. Everyone jump in and scream their little heads out for PUNISHMENT! for what? for he said it out on camera what everybody including you think of ref performance and his integrity.
Then
Witch hunt began! That severe propaganda which created bare hands of press still shown on yesterday game when the other ref decided to be again “PEOPLE MAN”..! Ref acted like nothing happen to Nani even he got big cut where blood dripping down. “Nah.. spit on it ,you’ll be fine, son!”

Lots lots lots of publicity chasers jump on the newspaper.. spitting out what should do, what should be done, do this , do that.. bla bla bla .. on and on and on.. Jump on the bandwagon .. stamp on it.. shake on it.. do the summersaults .. all sorts!.

Bottom line is this, even though, they have done every little possible way whatever that little person inside their heads telling them to do, THAT FRICKING MANCHESTER UNITED IS STILL TOP OF THE LEAGUE!!!!

Grrrrr………. more PUNISHMENT !!!! PUNISHMENT!!!PUNISHMENT!!!

Jay March 7, 2011 at 1:07 pm
Questionable decision to not send off Ratboy Carragher?

Jog on you ABU prat.

There should have been 4 reds yesterday, Carragher/Maxi/Suarez/Rafael.

I’m amazed pillocks like you are given a platform to write such utter garbage.

Fergie is GOD March 7, 2011 at 1:25 pm
nov 09: atkinson gives chelski frekick for a còle dive, drog fouls wes and interfers with play while offside- goal stands…jan 10: dean gives citey pen for a tug 2 yards outsidè the area…apr 10: bayèrn players bullies ref into sending rafa off for nothing…beck allows drog to stand 2yards offside before scoring…dec 10: foy allòws brum goal thou zigic fouled rio, handled ball and bowyer offside…mar 11: atkinson denied utd clear pen, doesnt send luiz off for 3 thug attacks, gives che pen 4 dive.

Giles said:
http://www.dexysden.co.uk/2011/03/manchester-united-should-be-docked-points-and-sir-alex-ferguson-banned-from-the-touchline-for-the-rest-of-the-season/

-- Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:26 pm --

edited for clarity

Invisible Man March 8, 2011 at 10:39 am

Your comment is awaiting moderation.

Nani has got away with diving all season and how he didn’t get booked on Sunday just shows the bias towards United. When Carragher made the challenge Nani was already going down and if he hadn’t tried to con the referee and stay on his feet, maybe he wouldn’t have come off as badly as he did.
Anyone know why he was crying yet? Big Jessie that he is!

The funniest thing about the rag reply is that they use straw man arguments. They talk about the author saying man utd get most decisions and berate him for it.
At no point in the article does he say this or even allude to it.

they are cocks

Best one by a mile. Sounds like something out of the French knights scene in Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

gor March 7, 2011 at 11:43 am

you will only raff in hell u twit hatred pason.
go and dock points for your self you :: twit. you talk bad of united simply dey r rulling de lague

Ricster said:
Giles said:
http://www.dexysden.co.uk/2011/03/manchester-united-should-be-docked-points-and-sir-alex-ferguson-banned-from-the-touchline-for-the-rest-of-the-season/

-- Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:26 pm --

edited for clarity

Invisible Man March 8, 2011 at 10:39 am

Your comment is awaiting moderation.

Nani has got away with diving all season and how he didn’t get booked on Sunday just shows the bias towards United. When Carragher made the challenge Nani was already going down and if he hadn’t tried to con the referee and stay on his feet, maybe he wouldn’t have come off as badly as he did.
Anyone know why he was crying yet? Big Jessie that he is!

Hahahahahahaha, love it Ric.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.