The Ranieri Theory

NorCalBlue

Interesting article in the Guardian about the rise and fall of Leicester under Ranieri.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ieri-leicester-city-discipline-success-theory

Basically, the suggestion is that a strict disciplinarian manager, followed by one who is well-liked and let's the players "express themselves", results in great initial success, followed by a quick decline.

Several examples are given, but City under Pellegrini (after Mancini) seems to fit the pattern.

Conte seems to have that drive though, look at how how Juve side dominated domestically, he's going to make sure Chelsea give their all.

Yeah know what you mean but he seems to be popular with his players... surely only Mourinhos mam could like that odious cretin

I bet his mom threatened to dance on him and not get off him til he was dead. Or maybe she wasn't from the north side of Cork.

Interesting article in the Guardian about the rise and fall of Leicester under Ranieri.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ieri-leicester-city-discipline-success-theory

Basically, the suggestion is that a strict disciplinarian manager, followed by one who is well-liked and let's the players "express themselves", results in great initial success, followed by a quick decline.

Several examples are given, but City under Pellegrini (after Mancini) seems to fit the pattern.

Claudio decides the sweet shop should be locked up. Steptoe who's BFF's with the owner complains and goes on goal strike. The owner (Not the proxy, the real one) takes action.

Leicester fans I know are seriously pissed off with Steptoe the snake. As someone else's alluded to earlier in another thread it might all come out in a messy divorce.

Claudio decides the sweet shop should be locked up. Steptoe who's BFF's with the owner complains and goes on goal strike. The owner (Not the proxy, the real one) takes action.

Leicester fans I know are seriously pissed off with Steptoe the snake. As someone else's alluded to earlier in another thread it might all come out in a messy divorce.

Well, that's the first thing that crossed my mind, especially when you saw Vardy running round on Monday night looking like he'd been let loose in the re-opened sweet shop

Goes on strike except against us!! Still pissed off with that performance that night by us. Mind you the ref missing two or three penalties again didn't help.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.