The Red Devils v the Red Devils fa cup tomorrow. (Merged)

Re: The Red Devils v the Red Devils fa cup tomorrow.

Colins Bellend said:
Them red bastards stole the nickname off Salford Rugby Club I know that

Original question a guess, Crawley

Give that man a cigar ;)

As well as nicking Salford RLFC's nickname, they nicked the name of their ground off Lancashire CCC.

Original and imaginative they are not- much like their fans.

Colins Bellend said:

Salford

The name the Red Devils comes from a 1934 tour to France where the press described them as playing like devils, thus the name Les Diables Rouges.

ManUre

After the crash, Busby's Babes seemed inappropriate so a new name was sought. English rugby club Salford had toured France in the 1930s wearing red shirts and became known as "The Red Devils". Busby liked the sound of it, thinking a devil was more intimidating to opponents than angelic babes. He declared Manchester United should also be known as "The Red Devils" and soon the club began incorporating the devil logo into match programmes and scarves. In 1970 the club badge was redesigned, but now with a devil in the centre holding a pitch-fork.

greeny-ctid said:
dotn tell the rags that. They have this idea they made all the songs!

twats!!

They did make all the songs.

Who can forget the fantastic "we'll drink, a drink, a drink, to Eric the King" song.

Anyone who seems to recall City fans singing a similar song in the 60s about some inside forward are sadly mistaken.

To add to the (long) list of adjectives to describe rags "arrogant", "humourless", "obnoxious" etc must surely go the word unoriginal.

whipper said:
Colins Bellend said:

Salford

The name the Red Devils comes from a 1934 tour to France where the press described them as playing like devils, thus the name Les Diables Rouges.

ManUre

After the crash, Busby's Babes seemed inappropriate so a new name was sought. English rugby club Salford had toured France in the 1930s wearing red shirts and became known as "The Red Devils". Busby liked the sound of it, thinking a devil was more intimidating to opponents than angelic babes. He declared Manchester United should also be known as "The Red Devils" and soon the club began incorporating the devil logo into match programmes and scarves. In 1970 the club badge was redesigned, but now with a devil in the centre holding a pitch-fork.

PMSL imagine it could of been "The Red Angelic Babes" that would of been piss funny.

Good Luck Crawley

Well you have to admit this is what the FAC is all about, just wish we had drawn them.
So at the end of the day, we all know Utd will beat them but what will the result and day be like.
I don't think at all its going to be the 10-12 nil I have heard about, I am going to say it will be 6-1 yes I think they will get a goal themselves. I am going to watch it as it will be a strange game and one that if it gets to 80mins at 0-0 well you never know. Just hope they enjoy the day and remember that one day you played so so close to Manchester.

Re: Good Luck Crawley

If it was a C'ship or League One side, I'd fancy them for an upset again what will be a second string rag team. But Crawley, no chance! Good luck to them anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.