The show us your cat thread.

Just had a phonecall off the vet asking if my cat is microchipped, I said yes. I asked why and she told me that from July all cats must have them, it's the law. WTF.

Just had a phonecall off the vet asking if my cat is microchipped, I said yes. I asked why and she told me that from July all cats must have them, it's the law. WTF.
Thought it was already , always got mine chipped . When i adopted silva she was kept indoors for four months whilst she had all of her vaccinations , i then took her to the vets to get chipped and she said she is already chipped and belongs to someone else , the sanctuary i adopted her from had her three months and didnt once scan her as she was classed a stray. An almighty shit storm erupted as the vets are supposed to scan every cat that the rescue places take in to be fixed before adoption but they didnt do it either

Long story short the vets and sanctuary persuaded the owner to let me keep her and to transfer the chipping details to me . A new policy was put in place at the sanctuary and vets to ensure that did not happen again . I would have been really upset to lose her as we bonded on day one

Reactions: ob
Thought it was already , always got mine chipped . When i adopted silva she was kept indoors for four months whilst she had all of her vaccinations , i then took her to the vets to get chipped and she said she is already chipped and belongs to someone else , the sanctuary i adopted her from had her three months and didnt once scan her as she was classed a stray. An almighty shit storm erupted as the vets are supposed to scan every cat that the rescue places take in to be fixed before adoption but they didnt do it either

Long story short the vets and sanctuary persuaded the owner to let me keep her and to transfer the chipping details to me . A new policy was put in place at the sanctuary and vets to ensure that did not happen again . I would have been really upset to lose her as we bonded on day one
I got mine from cats protection as a kitten and was told that they'd chipped it. I just posted the info as I thought it was a bit OTT making it compulsory.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.