The Simod cup!

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by worsleyweb, 9 Nov 2017.

1. worsleyweb

worsleyweb

Property Development
    Just reminded me of peter Swales minutes silence. How well respected was it!!!!

2. m7mcfc

m7mcfc

Man of leisure
    The Chelsea 5-4 was a comeback to big.

3. xgorton

xgorton

Retired
    Hendry did score 2,but we lost 3-2.

4. kev20971

kev20971

Night Router
    I remember at 2 :1 down , we had a clear penalty, Doug Rugby (?) Chelsea defender took out Steve Kinsey .

5. chaddblue

chaddblue

Rougvie. Big and daft Scottish donkey. Scored an own goal in that match

6. BigJoe#1

BigJoe#1

Ahhh that's where my memory lets me down but the word circa. Saved me... it was 87-88 Simon Cup Final Reading v Luton, so I think we're both correct. Happy Days.

7. Tbilisi

Tbilisi

Getting bricked at Leeds after Donachie scored
    I had forgot about that game, went to that and the SWFC game mentioned below. So desperate for some success.

8. Eds

Eds

Went to the Leeds away game and I vaguely remember away trips to Sheffield United and Hull as well. Was thrown out of the Kippax against Leeds at home for swearing I think. Wimbledon at home when they brought four fans, Plymouth at home when they brought six and penalty shoot outs - the stuff of dreams.

9. Stretch

Stretch

I was 12/13 ish so hazy memories here.. semi final 2nd leg against Hull at Maine Road in front of a huge 10'000 plus crowd ( which was a very large crowd for the FMC) Remember last minute goal to see us through 2-1 on aggregate(I think) I celebrated that goal like we'd won the FA cup because we were off to Wembley. Remember the final was a weird one the day after Jive had got us a 2-2 draw at Vile Towers. Chelsea battered us after we had the temerity to score early on ( Lillis) then they took us apart..until the last 10 minutes, then they just fell to pieces, the goals flew in left right n centre but unfortunately father time beat us. If they'd of had the silly 5 or 6 mins injury time they had today we'd of got the leveller and pissed em in extra time because they were dead on their feet. Imy dad said he never thought he'd ever walk out of Wembley smiling after City losing. I wasnt fuckin smiling though! My second Wembley visit was yet another gut wrenching occasion. :-( I also remember being on the coach behind the bus that got bricked and attacked by the Headhunters. Not necessarily a great day, but a very interesting one. ;-) CTIFD

10. Mozzer

Mozzer

Didn't we play Plymouth 3 times in 10 days about that time? One of the away games was called off an hour before kick off if I remember correctly.