The Simod cup!

We couldn’t get in as they had no half price child admission in the Kippax. Nice one Swales!

Let it go, let it go...

Just reminded me of peter Swales minutes silence. How well respected was it!!!!

Wasn't the Simod cup just the sponsored full members cup ? Because the 1986 final was the first final and it was City (4) v Chelsea (5) .
Ahhh that's where my memory lets me down but the word circa. Saved me... it was 87-88 Simon Cup Final Reading v Luton, so I think we're both correct. Happy Days.

I remember being at this...

on a Weds night in February. 0-0 after 90, it going to extra time and then they scored 2 goals right at the end.

And then we had to run the gauntlet of the Leeds fans on the way out. Not great.

EDIT: This is Zenith Data Systems so not sure it counts...?

I had forgot about that game, went to that and the SWFC game mentioned below. So desperate for some success.

Went to the Leeds away game and I vaguely remember away trips to Sheffield United and Hull as well. Was thrown out of the Kippax against Leeds at home for swearing I think. Wimbledon at home when they brought four fans, Plymouth at home when they brought six and penalty shoot outs - the stuff of dreams.

I was 12/13 ish so hazy memories here.. semi final 2nd leg against Hull at Maine Road in front of a huge 10'000 plus crowd ( which was a very large crowd for the FMC) Remember last minute goal to see us through 2-1 on aggregate(I think) I celebrated that goal like we'd won the FA cup because we were off to Wembley. Remember the final was a weird one the day after Jive had got us a 2-2 draw at Vile Towers. Chelsea battered us after we had the temerity to score early on ( Lillis) then they took us apart..until the last 10 minutes, then they just fell to pieces, the goals flew in left right n centre but unfortunately father time beat us. If they'd of had the silly 5 or 6 mins injury time they had today we'd of got the leveller and pissed em in extra time because they were dead on their feet. Imy dad said he never thought he'd ever walk out of Wembley smiling after City losing. I wasnt fuckin smiling though! My second Wembley visit was yet another gut wrenching occasion. :-( I also remember being on the coach behind the bus that got bricked and attacked by the Headhunters. Not necessarily a great day, but a very interesting one. ;-) CTIFD

Go back 29 years and 363 days and I believe we beat Plymouth 6-2 in this great completion. I was there to see Tony Adock score his hatrick in front of a crowd of about 5000!
Anyone got any memories of the simod cup games! Have to confess that’s the only game I can remember.
Didn't we play Plymouth 3 times in 10 days about that time? One of the away games was called off an hour before kick off if I remember correctly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.