The Smiths & Morrissey Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Mad Eyed Screamer, 19 Sep 2017.

1. johnnytapia

johnnytapia

Liverpool Royal Court holds very, very special memories for me. I was pretty poorly at the time, in a very bad place in my head. I’d had to move back to me mum and dad’s to recuperate. I drove to the Leeds gig the day before and had to come home 6 songs in. It was my birthday and my head was all over the place, wondering why things had turned so shite. Anyway, the following day, my dad, god bless him, offered to drive me to Liverpool and wait for me. If things got too much I could just walk out. I made it through the whole gig then found out my dad had had to wait in an underground carpark with no radio. I got home and fell in to mym mum’s arms, crying cos I’d made it through the whole gig. Being in crowds was unnerving then so it was a huge step for me. Ah, those were grim days, but I made it through.

The other thing I remember about Royal Court is the sloping floor - or did I imagine that? Always felt like I was falling.

2. Millwallawayveteran1988

Millwallawayveteran1988

Tough times! I have had a bit of that in last 18 months. Not good. I was in the seats as standing sold out so couldn't comment on the floor! Good gig though. I remember him doing Is it really so strange and ending with Last Night I dreamt.

3. blueian99

blueian99

MORRISSEY’S cat thinks his owner is a knob, it has emerged.

Requiescat the cat, who shares a luxury condominium with the former Smiths frontman, explained that conditions were so unbearable he had taken to frantically pressing the red button on the remote whenever he saw an RSPCA advert.

The cat said: “I am forced to eat vile vegetarian muck, some sort of textured protein that tastes as depressing as the unrequited love his lordship’s always banging on about.

“If I catch a mouse he never lets me finish killing it, but wrestles it from my jaws and starts reading it stories from the People’s Friend.

“Also the whole house smells of bittersweet nostalgia.”

The cat added: “I swear I saw him eat a KFC Boneless Bucket in the dark, when he thought I was asleep. I think he then stroked the image of the Colonel and sighed.”

However Morrissey’s dog Cromwell said: “I quite like him. Once I bit Johnny Marr and Morrissey gave me a crisp £10 note and some poetry books.”

From Daily Mash!

4. aka blue jambo

aka blue jambo

was Edinburgh The Picture House?

5. PinkFinal

PinkFinal

Did anyone else go to the Preston gig in '86 where he got a missile to the head and went off? As I recall they came on really late and there was a delay between them going off and announcing the gig was off. Enough time to get a load of coppers there in case of a riot.
    That was my second Smiths gig, the first being Salford that same year. The third and last being Free Trade Hall a few days after Preston.

6. Mad Eyed Screamer

Mad Eyed Screamer

I thought it was sausages? There was one gig someone threw sausages at him.
    Friend of mine lived in Runcorn at the time and gambled on either Llandudno or Free Trade Hall - Llandudno being the day after Preston. Sadly Llandudno was chosen and cancelled as a result of the Preston fiasco! (Morrissey in gig cancelling shocker!)
    I was at G-Mex, Salford and FTH that year. Great year :)

7. Mad Eyed Screamer

Mad Eyed Screamer

What the bloody hell - how do you get a dog (service dog apart) into a venue and who would take it right to the front to get a hand shake from the great man?
    This yesterday in Denver....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Mad Eyed Screamer

Mad Eyed Screamer

9. Lancet Fluke

Lancet Fluke

Didn't realise he's added a gig at Brixton Academy to the end of his tour. Decent venue. Tickets go on sale tomorrow morning.

10. Mad Eyed Screamer

Mad Eyed Screamer

Added on Monday. 4 gigs in London now.