The spirit of this City team

but also the way we protected the ball by getting it back, and sending it down to Ederson to kick into level 3, a f*ck you to the time wasting of Southampton, they had to throw on a new ball in the end.
I actually didn't see this, I was stood on my seat in 115 giving the saints fans what for, after they baited and goaded us when Raz's first effort was disallowed.

The picture taken in the dressing room last night was just amazing. It was one of the best team photos I have ever seen. Young men who are having the time of their lives and genuinely buzzing about this success.

Mercenaries? I don’t see any - I just see decent lads. No one in our team who offends me.
Wholeheartedly agree! That was the picture that you only usually see at Wembley with a silver trophy on the front row...not a 2-1 win against Soton at home!!!

No, this team knows that they are capable of something special. Records are falling every week, even the most cynic of pundits is praising them and they are approaching the Christmas season 8 pts clear of United (with the chance of making that 11 this weekend, with their game against Arsenal and 14 by nightfall on Dec 10th. Behind them, the next chasers are 11 and 12 pts behind. In short, TODAY we are 13 pts from NOT qualifiying for the CL next year and would have to lose 5 more games than the other Top 5 teams to not be in Europe next season....IF THEY ALL MATCH US FOR EVERY OTHER GAME FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON!!!

Sure, we want to WIN the PL, not just get into Europe, but it astounding that with two wins in our next two games, we would be at least 11 pts clear of our nearest rivals before Christmas! I think THAT is what is exciting this team and bringing it so close together...Pep is letting them understand not only what they are doing week in and week out, but what they are capable of doing. In fact, every 90 minutes is a new “US vs THEM” competition, where THEM is everyone in football trying to say they are mercenaries, are flattering to deceive, and are incapable of winning every week. Those players are fighting to the last moment to prove they ARE the best, they ARE the arrest working, and they ARE capable of beating anyone...no matter what it takes.

I remember when Pep came to City there was a talk about whether players were good enough or had the belief needed to give up themselves to Pep and trust in him. Last season there were doubters in the pundit booth, doubters in the press and more than a few doubters even on this very Forum. I think what Pep has done in the first 1/3 of this season is prove all those doubters wrong and done his homework during the off-season to not only understand what is needed to win games against different types of opposition in different weather conditions and under different circumstances, but also WHO he needed to help make that happen. This year, he has taken a massive step towards fulfilling the first part...belief in his ability to adapt to the English game...but I think he is one, possibly two transfer windows from having the U25 personnel he needs to finish the First Team project.

We are living through a ridiculously exciting time to be a City fan. For those of us who have lived through the days of turmoil since the 60’s, long may these new days continue.

Don't be silly now, neil warnock has expressley said, this team won't even talk to each other in 20 years. the fucking bellend.

The game has passed by some of the old fucks who think every player should have grown up in the reserves and come from within the catchment area of the local high school! These players will not only be on speaking terms, they may be lauded everywhere they go across the globe for what they might achieve in the age of SKY. In fact, it is testament to the global nature of the PL that almost every pre-match tunnel seems to have French, German or Spanish lads shaking hands, hugging and talking to each other. Not exactly Keane - Vieira stuff, but then not much in the modern game is! Had he played in any other team, Keane would have been seen as a latter day Joey Barton!

It's good that the team are celebrating in the manner they are. Singing KDBs name in thr dressing room after we beat Chelsea at Stamford Bridge and the celebrations last night are massively important.

It's vital that the players acknowledge the significance of these wins, they're the game where titles are won.

Tunnel cam after the game before and after the game show how close these players are. Eddie on tunnel cam after the game banging on the one way window going mad. The thing is we have also bought players with the right attitude as well. You can tell these players are hungry and bought into team ethic and Peps methods. A great article today about Mendy saying he could have sloped off back to warmer climes to recover. Not a bit of it totally bought into the whole team and club ethos. At the end of the season Mendy could be just as important with his off field support. Just compare our team spirit compared to the rest of the league. After the last minute winner on Wednesday you sensed that the fans and players were together in expressing emotion at that winner. It’s a pleasure watching these guys!

The most impressive quality of the team in my opinion.

Leicester proved that if you have great team spirit where everyone is fighting for each other, in a system that gets the best out of the crop of available players, anything is possible.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.